close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hooya for the Bush Quote top of Page

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by KGBman, Jan 31, 2006.

1. KGBman

KGBman Not that KGB

"There is a difference between responsible criticism that aims for success and defeatism that refuses to acknowledge anything but failure. Hindsight alone is not wisdom. And second-guessing is not a strategy"- George W. Bush

Couldn't have said it better without using expletives, myself!

~2 ^c

2. nicfit212

nicfit212 Exiled Urbanite

Does this mean that from now on we get "correct thought" spelled out for us in a banner on GT every day? I prefered it when the political orthodoxy was limited to the political forum, where I could ignore or discuss it.

3. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

This means that if you do not like the way I run my site, you are free to leave. Freedom is a wonderful thing. eric

4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Sometimes the truth hurts, nicfit212. :)

Perhaps elevated levels of exposure will help with that...

5. GLOCK22SHOOTER

GLOCK22SHOOTER NOT A VICTIM

Too bad Bonehead Bush didnt think of that one himself,that would almost make me like him.

6. nicfit212

nicfit212 Exiled Urbanite

2 + 2 = 5. Repeat.

That was just my .02 btw; I thought there was a reason that political discussion was kept separate from Glock discussion on this site.

7. Eric

Partner, comments like that really piss me off. You don't have to respect the man, but show some damned respect for the office. A dissenting opinion is one thing, but that kind of gratuitous disrespect cheapens what this country stands for. If you want to insult this nation's president, do it somewhere else. Eric

8. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Wow GLOCK22SHOOTER; do you have inside info on that, or is it an assumption (emphasis on the first three letters)?

9. Eric

You see a political statement, I see a piece of common sense that bore repeating. Eric

10. GLOCK22SHOOTER

It's pretty much common knowledge that they dont write their own speech.Respect for the office is not the object of my comment,Just Bush.And I have seen others on here with just as much to say about it so why do I catch the short end of the stick?Why am I so wrong.And if it is so bad to talk about then why is there a political issues forum?Eric,I am sorry for the stirr up here in the office.Rest assured it will not happen again.Thanks,
    Josh

11. Eric

Yes, I think we all know that presidents don't write their own speeches, but does that make the man a bonehead? you cannot seperate a president from the office of president. Being disrespectful to the man IS being disrespectful to the office and to the things this country stand for. I absolutely hated Clinton as president, but I never got on here and made fun of the guy and I did not allow people to post gratuitous insults of him and his family. I commented on your post because I saw it, but to be fair to you, it was a pretty minor example of what I was talking about. I have heard enough Bush-bashing tonight though and it rubbed me the wrong way. Eric

12. GLOCK22SHOOTER

As long as you don't kick me outta GlockTalk all will be well.Again,sorry for the stirr-up and I am truly sorry Eric.I love your site and love using it all the time.I usually don't make comments like that so if you can forgive me for this one I would appreciate it.Thanks,
    Josh

13. Eric

Josh, this wasn't a big deal and I blew it out of proportion a bit. This is a sensitive subject for me. I feel pretty strongly about this and my patience gets tested fairly often on this score. Anyway, I appreciate your concern. Eric

14. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

is a useful thing.

and to admit freely that the conflicting demands and limited time available will inevitably dilute the talents and magnify the shortcomings of anyone in that high office..

is not to proclaim happiness with this best of all possible worlds.

one can realize that circumstances aren't perfect, hope for improvement, and use the available resources to accomplish that.

or, complain loudly and pointlessly while someone more focused works on the problem. without your help..

at the point discussion becomes ire and conflict, it'd be nice if there was a pop up price tag..

15. commander

commander

Great quote! ^6
    Thank you Eric for posting it.

President Bush may not be right about everything all the time, but he's 100% on this one. ;D

16. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

I always felt that President Bush was the worst candidate for the job in the past elections, with the exception of all of the other candidates. Apparently the majority of voters agreed with me. :)

The quote is correct, as well as awesome and right on! :cool: ;c

17. Da Law

Da Law Carpetbagger

"There is a difference between responsible criticism that aims for success and defeatism that refuses to acknowledge anything but failure. Hindsight alone is not wisdom and second-guessing is not a strategy"- George W. Bush

I for one like it. Thanks Eric. Nice touch.

18. Branspop

Branspop Daddy X2 CLM

Awesome quote, Eric!!!

Might I post another of my favorites?

We could change that to cover banners, couldn't we?

19. 9mmMike

9mmMike The Fun-Police Millennium Member

Sorry for the duplicate thread.

Anyway. Excellent quote and I agree that it's a shame that folks think it is their right to bash the office (and our president) and that it is our obligation to listen to them talk trash.

Mike

20. Glolt20-91

Glolt20-91

I missed the speech but think this is a great quote. I remember listening to his speech after 9/11 when he told the nation that a lot of things would happen that we would never know about. I'm really tired of certain newsmedias that politicize the news and tend to focus upon personal agendas.

The buck stops on Bush's desk when it comes to terrorist's attacks in this country and I know for sure there are a number of people in this part of the country working hard to keep that from happening. Protection here could be a lot better, it could also be a lot worse; however, rather than criticize, bring proactive ideas to the discussion table. :)

Adios,
    Bob