Honda is no Harley

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by glowrod, Sep 18, 2020.

1. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

I had a V65....

It was very quick and lots of fun!

I was just thinking how many hondas I have had over the years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  2. stk10767

stk10767

F7F16B70-F23D-482C-A236-414C4BAB94BA.jpeg
    I drive 5 1/2 hours to pick this one up. It was a deal I couldn’t pass up. 19’ Tracer 900

mist, ZekerMan, BigBull 301 and 5 others like this.

3. norton

norton

I have a friend who rides a Valky. He loves it.

glowrod likes this.
  4. Intolerant

Intolerant

But the Honda ridgeline is not a truck. Its a car with a truck style bed.

5. sombunya

sombunya Use it up, throw it away

Nice bike. Like cars, if I see someone driving a nice anything, I give them the thumbs up. I don’t care what it is. That’s a great looking bike.

I bought a 2016 Road Glide. It’s bone stock. I did 105 mph with the little woman on the back and had to dial it back, still pulling. I don’t need more. I’ve been riding since the 80’s, not into canyon racing. I’m old, heavy and slow like my bike.

Throttle by wire, juice clutch, ABS, lots of technology. Guys in the HD forums always bragging with pics of 150k-200k miles on their bikes. I’ll sell mine long before that and get a new one, that is if I can still walk and don’t need a diaper.

3BBD1F2B-1513-4EA3-A707-D3E687FDC5DB.jpeg

mist, g30nut, pizza_pablo and 5 others like this.
  6. sombunya

sombunya Use it up, throw it away

You sound like you may not have owned a newer Harley.

My brother has an 2012 Electra Glide Police Special. I’ve never felt a better seat in my life. Backrest optional. Who cares about mileage? The people at Glendale Harley are like a bunch of my friends. Great people, no attitude. I looked at Harley branded jackets and they don’t hold a candle to Fox Creek Leather. FCL has the best customer service too. Lastly, I have a F250 4WD, stock. No Harley stickers of any kind, on any of my vehicles. (I never understood that) I also wear a full face helmet. I don’t have one of those little skid lids.

Harleys will always be in my future if I can help it.

Intolerant likes this.
  7. Lazy R

Lazy R

These threads are always fun to read.

Harleys seem to have come a long way in the dependability department in the last 20 years or so. I think they're pretty but they just aren't really for me. But I hear you can really pick up chicks on them, far more than my lowly, built-for-function Suzukis.

[​IMG]

I did ride an Harley once though. Friend of mine has a real nice newer something-or-other alphabet model. We were on a tour through Montana and switched bikes for a while. His has those pipes that save lives or something and sounds cool. I wicked the throttle and as mentioned earlier, it just made more life-saving sound but didn't go anywhere. Handled funny (to me) as I'm used to my other bikes. But the stereo was nice and it was very comfortable to just roll along.

I host a rally once a year at my house. All kinds of bikes from everywhere. Mostly adventure bikes. A few Harley guys come. They really like just making miles on those comfy things.

One guy comes every year on a Valkyrie. He rides from Texas. Guy has 2 or 3 Valks with many many miles on them. One of them has something like 150,000 miles and runs so smooth you can balance a nickel on edge on the valve cover up against the intake and it stays upright when he starts it. He loves those things and rides to Alaska on them. Here are he and his son both on Valkyries.

[​IMG]

I rode one of them and it's a great bike, big torque and smooth. But not quick like my V Strom. One of the guys bought the new version Gold Wing and rode it up from Dallas. It is a fantastic bike; he can't say enough good things about it and he's owned lots of bikes including older Gold Wings. I could almost go there, except I don't want to spend 25 grand on a motorcycle.

I'd like to ride a shiny Harley around for a while just to see about the chick thing.

NH Trucker and glowrod like this.
  8. CAMSDADDY

CAMSDADDY

I worked at Honda Kawasaki and can am dealership for several years. One thing I've found is guys feel like they have to put down Harley to justify their purchase. I've never seen a guy riding a Harley that said " I'm just riding this until I can get a Honda". I've always been a buy what you want and enjoy what you have guy. I've never met a bike I didn't want. This title leads me to believe that once the new wears off you will have regrets. I hope not this bike is cool and very futuristic in design. I trust it will give you many trouble free safe miles.

glowrod, SMOKEin, sombunya and 2 others like this.
  9. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

I did 250 miles on it yesterday and likely the same today.
    Gotta get some pegs on it and I will be all set. I really enjoy the bike.
    Probably only a month left to ride here in Michigan.

NH Trucker, Maccabeus and Intolerant like this.
  10. Intolerant

Intolerant

They deserve every bit of their status. They BOTH fought AND won in WWII.

83wide and pizza_pablo like this.
  11. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

I’ve had a Nighthawk, two Goldwings, a Concours and a Harley. Which one is my favorite? The one I’m riding.

The next one will probably be an Electra Glide, but not ruling out a Goldwing.

I never cared what other people ride. Live and let live. I ride with a group that’s mostly on GSes and Vstroms. I’ve noticed that the longer and greyer the beard, the more likely that a Harley rider will wave. The younger Harley guys have mastered the art of glaring straight ahead with the “I can’t see you” pose.

12. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

Nice bike. And when you do trade your resale value be great.

glowrod likes this.
  13. FoatieFiveACP

FoatieFiveACP

I wonder - do most Harley riders make fun of other Harley riders that don't needlessly blip the throttle as if to say, "Hey, look at me...look at me...LOOK AT ME"!!! ?

I realize that in the old days, that was necessary, just to keep them running. If they truly are better quality now, then that isn't functionally necessary to do.

If I had a Harley, I would not do that. And I don't have a little willy, either. :D

pizza_pablo likes this.
  14. Intolerant

Intolerant

15. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Glad you're here to tell the tale!

Intolerant likes this.
  16. Intolerant

Intolerant

No matter what brand of bike comes up, there always seems to be people dogging on harley`s.
    I own harley`s AND yamaha`s, i love them both. Each have a purpose.

Always keep in mind, there are really only 2 different bike owners... lucky ones, and dead ones.
    Its just a matter of time, unless you stop riding. I`m in my 70`s now, and i`m not dead, yet.

It shouldn`t be what you ride, it should be, do you ride. Be safe out there. Lots of dumb out there.

glowrod, NH Trucker and pizza_pablo like this.
  17. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Never knew you were such a baller. :D

18. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I've had only two Hondas.
    A Trail 50, WAY back in the day and this one, currently in my garage.
    It's for sale though. I like the Kawa much better. [​IMG][​IMG]

mist, ZekerMan, glowrod and 1 other person like this.
  19. Intolerant

Intolerant

I think its his aerodynamic legs. Thats gotta at least get him 1 more mph down hill :D

railfancwb and Rinspeed like this.
  20. Intolerant

Intolerant

That KAWASAKI is SWEET!!! Very nice! Reminds me of the Yamaha FJ1300`s.

[​IMG]

SMOKEin, ZekerMan and pizza_pablo like this.