close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Home Shooting Ranges

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by RussP, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Enoy21

Enoy21

SW VA also has a couple of outdoor public ranges we like to frequent when the weather is nice.

Potts Mountain on 311 just paste New Castle ( good folks , but not many lanes )

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/easterndivide/recreation/shooting_ranges/index.shtml

Blacksburg Shooting range : ( Never been there but will soon most likely )

http://www.botos.com/david/guns/bburgrange/

For club members there is also an Izaak Walton ( range and fishing pond ) just a little ways off RT 11/460 around the Shawsville area that I've considered joining this past year.

2. TasteThePainbow

TasteThePainbow

No indoor ranges here. I can drive a mile up the road to a HUGE flat piece of land and shoot all I want and anytime I want. Usually I'm the only one there. Pack up the steel targets and whatever else I can find to shoot and just go. In some ways I think it's better than an indoor range. I have at least 600-700 yards in some places.

3. VADuckHunter

VADuckHunter

Augusta Springs has a public shooting range. Thats where i usually go. Theres no supervision out there, and sometimes you have to watch out for yahoos. Only ever had 1 problem, and it was handled with an apology. (Guy's son's girlfriend was sweeping over the shooting lane with a loaded SKS. I walked behind her and the father took the hint.)

You can also shoot just about any target you want as long as you clean it up.

4. Shamrock61

Shamrock61

The Range is on Sunburst Rd in Evington and is called Lynchburg Arms & Shooting Range. They have 6 lanes and it is $10 an hour to shoot. You can use your own ammo. I was happy with my experience there, and will go back whenever I'm in Lynchburg.

(434) 525-2604
    113 Sunburst Rd
    Lynchburg, VA 24501

5. Bill Dncn

Bill Dncn

Member of Black Creek Shooters Assc. in eastern Hanover but have shot matches at Cavalier, Fredericksburg, Rivanna, Old Dominion and others

6. Chesafreak

Chesafreak

I shoot at Bob's in Norfolk. I was there today. I work near there so its easy to go on my lunch break.
    Until November of last year when I moved into town, I was able to shoot in a field behind my house. They are building a house too close to that spot so we can't shoot there anymore.