Home made Kitty Turkey Delite

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Blitzer, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

From The Cat-Lovers’ Cook Book by Tony Lawson (This book is currently out of print, but you might be able to find a used copy.)

2. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I read somewhere that record numbers of people are now making home-made food for their dogs and cats because of this maddening food recall........

I am not so sure my picky younger cat would eat something like this if I made it.......

3. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Rub some of the wet food on her lips or nose and let her fast for a day or two, give her lots of water and she might come around. I am currently rubbing a little Frisky's on Goldie's face at meal time so she will lick it off, or the other "safe" types of wet foods Precious eats. This is to get her used to the new flavor and texture of the kibbles. She is currently a dry food and occasional fresh greens kind of kitty. Never force feed a cat as this gets ugly and they will fear and strongly, read claws and struggling, reject the attempts.

There are lots more recipes on the web, just stay away from the ones that use Onions, and from I read Garlic too, as they are toxic and induce enema. Cats love the flavor and will eat them only to fall ill later. Watch adding too much wheat as some cats are allergic to wheat products and will regurgitate after eating it. Do not use too much salt or too many greens like Spinach as it can create a Sodium or Calcium imbalance unless you add a source of Potassium too. Read about several recipe resources in the recall threads I posted in.

The Cat man.

Herb

[​IMG]

:cat: :cat: :supergrin: :thumbsup: ;)