close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Home Invasion with Rifle

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LoadToadBoss, Oct 2, 2012.

1. jeepinbandit

jeepinbandit Sgt. USMC

Same way I'd defend against any other threat in my house. Alarm goes off, call 911, hole up in my room looking towards the stairs (I sleep on the second story) Wait for cops to show up or badguys to come up the stairs. I have insurance on all the crap downstairs, if they steal my TV and bounce I could care less but you come up the stairs I'm going to stop you.

2. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

It only takes a few seconds to grab a gun and be ready to fire it. Properly secured doors will provide a few seconds to prepare for what's on the other side of the door. I have 5 locking devices on my front door to deter the uninvited, which should provide me enough time to acquire and aim one of my firearms at an intruder.

How many locks are on your front door? How often is it left unlocked?

3. johnd

johnd

Meh.....dont care if they wheel in a howitzer, your job is to shoot first and kill the threat. They are in the wrong and you are in the right. They never expect that any victim will do that and thats why victims are called victims

4. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

5. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

I've got good locks, and good doors.

Good luck "busting" down my door before I can wake up and call the cops.

Hell, I doubt a police ram would get through the door on the first 3-4 swings.

6. mike g35

mike g35

I like this response. Very true. Once a victim becomes a defender of their territory the worms turns. Typical criminals are chicken s#^t's anyway. That will show right through when they experience the sound of my handgun or even better the nice warm feel of a 124gr hollow point in their chest. And remember, just because they have an AR doesn't mean they can use it properly. My money is on me....I know my home better and I know how to aim.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. 654Boomer

654Boomer

AWESOME!

:rofl: :rofl: :supergrin:

8. Brucev

Brucev

I personally prefer using all my property rather than just a few rooms, without obsessing over the infinitesimally small possibility that indians may launch a raid. Common sense step taken to secure the premises will just about entirely negate any need to go around cocked and locked twitching waiting for the possibility of a bump in the night.

9. Brucev

Brucev

It's your house. It's your choice. Personally, I simply secure the premises in a common sense manner. Multiple locks may or may not be effective. There are many good options for doors/windows, etc. A fence is a wonderful and often attractive way to greatly add security to ones property... and at the same time add value.

In my case, someone trying to gain entry into the house will have to come off the street, negotiate the gate... the dog... come up the drive to the house... get in through most likely the car port door... and then they will face me. As soon as they approach the house motion detectors will alert me to their presence. If I consider them a threat, I will punch 911 and wait for them to enter the house. If the police arrive promptly, they'll have fun trying out their latest training routine on the criminals outside the house. If they should batter the door off its hinges and enter the house, I will be waiting. In the last 33 years, I have not had to entertain any such uninvited guest. Reason? In the first few years of being married, I learned to secure windows and doors effectively.

10. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Sounds like a good layered plan.

My house is in a gated community, so we are not allowed fences, gates, or dogs unleashed. I have little faith in our security patrols, and little respect for them, as they are largely ineffective. Hence, numerous locks, hoping that they will provide me enough time to get a gun aimed at the door and whatever comes through it.

Hopefully my preparations will never be tested.

11. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Hide?
    Run?
    Punt?
    **** my pants?

I got all sorts of options.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Note: the story said nothing about it being an AR, it just said "rifle".

13. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Saiga 12? 45 inches long, probably 10 pounds loaded (if not more). I think I'll keep my short, 7-8 pound AR thanks.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  14. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

Yeah, the Saiga 12 is WAY too massive to be effective for home defense. It's SO much longer than an AR-15... :whistling:

[​IMG]

Still too long? How about now?

[​IMG]

Please don't make a habit of rejecting reality to substitute your own. Thanks :wavey: