Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Mentally Frozen
28,465 Posts
Not bad at all.

I've got an appointment with my barber next Monday so I'll see how it goes. Guess I have to wear a mask to get inside.

·
M62/76
12,541 Posts
Doesn’t look too bad- I’m getting close to a home haircut myself

·
Registered
43,620 Posts
You look 106 years younger.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
You did a good job if you did it yourself .

I bought some Wahl clippers about 6 weeks ago , but I haven't had the nerve to do it yet .

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Been doing my own for about 25 years. Wahl clippers no attachment. Easy peasey

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I am waiting to buy a mirror to put up in the garage . I don't want all that hair in my bathroom to cleanup . I am going to lay out a trap in the garage and go at it soon . My hair is not thin . It is thick , bushy and does what it wants . Combing my head doesn't do much , it goes where it wants to . If it were thin or manageable , I would just let it grow long and put it in a ponytail .

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wahl clipper. 5 on top. 4 where it makes the bend to the sides. 3 on top sides and back. Then use the “R” on the right side above and behind the ears. Then use the “L” on the left side above and behind the ears, Then a 2 on the lower back. Then call to the missus to trim up the neck with no attachment. Been doing this since retirement 9 years ago. I aint no handsome sumbich and gonna keep it that way.

·
Registered
27,076 Posts
Reactions: 63Bravo

·
****** Viejo
29,554 Posts
Good job. tom. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 63Bravo

·
Wolverine
9,896 Posts
I’m ready to have my wife give it a go. I hated buzz cuts when I was a kid, so no thanks on that plan. We’re still at least a couple of weeks off in the Great Lakes State from shops opening, but I did receive this from the gal who cuts my hair, and I’m not sure I’m going back.

88B9BF4D-1739-4B8F-BBA4-A49C5FC59ABA.jpeg

When I started going there a haircut was $20. For a year or two it’s been $25, plus tip. She takes care of the beard and a shampoo too. A bit pricey but I have to tell you I’ve found few barbers in my life who could give a decent haircut, so whatever. However, a 30% increase will take that to $32.50, almost $40 with a 20% tip!

I empathize with their situation but I think I need an alternative.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts