close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Home Defense “Liberal Style“

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 1911austin, Jan 15, 2010.

1. 1911austin

1911austin Senior Member

I had a conversation at work today that was sad and hilarious at the same time. A fellow who works at the same company as myself had a home invader the other night. He does not own a firearm because the has kids. Apparently, according to this guy, it is self-evident that gun owning fathers are irresponsible for putting their kids at risk. :upeyes:

Now to the funny part. When he heard the guy braking in he got his dog and hid out of sight. His dog is small but “sounds big”. The intruder was not impressed by his big sounding dog and continued to break into his house. Once the intruder was inside the homeowner protected his family by “Using my voice as a weapon”. Those were his exact words. I damn near wet myself. :rofl:

The intruder was not too worried about the homeowner shouting at him and was going to take a little something for his trouble. Luckily, the police showed up in time to arrest the POS and no one were injured. I suggested that he rethinks his position about having a firearm in the house. He called me irresponsible for owning firearms with children in the house. I called him irresponsible for not being able to protect his kids from a home invader. He told me that guns could injury or kill children. I laughed and asked him if he had any dangerous chemicals, knives, prescription drugs or even electricity in his house. :dunno:

In the end, we had to agree to disagree. At least he did not raise his voice with me. :supergrin:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

If you can find it at Wal-Mart, Netflix, etc, check out "Mike and Me". Larry Elder, a conservative author and radio host does a documentary on guns and about the lies in Bowling for Columbine.

It's a great movie. He interviews a lot of liberals and when asked about if a burglary broke into a home, a few people say that if they use a strong, assertive voice, the burglar will be scared and run away.

3. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

If he is of the opinion that he does not want a gun, then he had better use something else stronger than his voice to protect his family. I suggest he get a baseball bat and start practicing. There is no reason to have a gun in the house if you don't want one. However, there is also no reason that he can't be better armed with something other than his voice to protect his home.

You might want to clue him in to this:
    http://www.jamesmcadam.co.uk/portfolio_html/sb_table.html

4. ignantmike

ignantmike

he probably yelled....hey, i've got a gun in here....:rofl:but, he'll never admit it......

5. RenoF250

RenoF250

It is a good thing, he had just established what a potent weapon his voice is, you could have filed assault charges.

Do these morons think the gun is going to jump up and bite some one. Kind of makes you wish the cops took a bit longer and the guy tied them up or something.

6. Scared_of_zombies

Scared_of_zombies

Steps for a liberal surviving a home invasion:
    step 1, yell loudly at the burglar
    step 2, with your mouth, fake the racking of a shotgun
    step 3, soil yourself, at least they wont take your carpetting.

7. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

Isn't it irresponsible not to have a firearm to protect your family?

The intruder could have walked in and shot everyone and there was nothing the father could do.

8. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

Save your breath and leave him alone. He will get whatever he deserves. Unfortunately his children may suffer too. Oh, well. :upeyes:

9. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

:rofl:

"Ka-chink!"

"HEY! I SAID KA-CHINK!!" :animlol:

10. Scared_of_zombies

Scared_of_zombies

i think it would be chih-chook?

11. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Dunno- I've never had to do it before! :cool:

I actually saw that "ka-chink" in an old comic once. Dude was blowing some else away with a shotty, and it went something like this:

BANG!

ka-chink
    BANG!
    ka-chink
    BANG!

Ok, this thread has officially gotten stupid. Sorry, fellas. :embarassed:

12. 1911austin

1911austin Senior Member

That's what I told the guy. I even tried to say it in a postive way.

13. MarccraM

MarccraM

+1000

I have engaged in conversations like these.. I am always amazed how blind people can be.

14. flagg

flagg

this isn't even funny.

he's lucky his family wasn't slaughtered.

but then, if he doesn't want a gun to protect his family that's fine. as long as I can keep my guns to protect mine.

15. 1911austin

1911austin Senior Member

I just try to point out the obvious. I have a few friends who became “gun people” after an experience with criminals and a little coaching.

16. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

That's real unfortunate. It's also sad that people out there believe in the police and 911. Yeah, they can help you but what does one do to protect his own while the police are on their way?

The worst out of all this is this guy really thinks his voice made the difference and he will never need a gun.

17. GuerrillaZoot

GuerrillaZoot

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

18. j-glock22

j-glock22

While most of us agree that a firearm of some sort is one of the most effective home defense tools, there are some folks that simply can't be convinced of this fact. I have a few friends and family that feel the way the OP's work buddy does. If he doesn't like or want a gun or is too scared about hurting his kids, then he probably shouldn't get one. Most of us would agree that owning a gun is more than just having one gathering dust in a safe or nightstand drawer, but the continued practice skill and maintaining it and the REAL ability to use it. For the OP's buddy, some good alternatives can be a family emergency plan to evade or get away from the situation until police or other aid arrives, or other defense tools, a bat (again skill and practice comes into play) heck, how about a small fire extinguisher? those little puppies can spray up to 15 feet, and a blast to the face can take the BG down enough to get your family to safety or finish him off (at least subdue him until police arrive). I wish the best for him and his family...

19. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I tend not to worry about libtards and their ability to defend or not defend themselves. It's not my problem, they are not my responsibility. Only time I say anything is when they attempt to intrude, infringe or inhibit MY rights and choices. Then I care...

But I figure they get what they get and if they end up dying... well one less libtard to worry about in my book. Just smile nod and move along.

20. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

I tell them to buy Fox Labs pepper spray, if it is good enough for police to use to subdue people without causing permanent damage then it should be good enough for them to protect their family.

Many of these people simply are not aware of the evil that man is capable of. They may hear it on the news but I don't think they really understand what a dangerous person is capable of. They also don't understand what could potentially happen to their wives or children while they witness it. It is somewhat like they are gambling with their families' lives. They know it happens but they don't think it is likely to happen to them. I ask them if they have life, home and car insurance.