GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
woo woo
30,329 Posts
Prices seem to be peaking now in my locale, not sure what it looks like in NM...but as cheap monthly expense exclusively, the trailer works. But as an investment, house.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
How “hot” is the real estate market? If it’s hot then the house is a better option.

A trailer depreciates, a house can appreciate if it’s in a good school system.

If you’re only planning to stay in there for 6 years, you have to take into account the taxes, cost of selling and buying the house (closing costs), insurance, utilities, and maintenance/repairs.

Also look at “Days on the market” in your area, too, for the price point of houses in that price point.

·
Pinky Out
58,539 Posts
Any new info on the house hunt?

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Closing planned for 22nd November. Small 3 bed 1 bath concrete block with metal roof and small garage on .4 acre lot in Fritch Texas. Plan to be there little over 5 years but that's a stretch for me, I've managed 39 months on two jobs since 93. It'll be a huge lifestyle change to not be looking and applying for jobs and doing interviews. I'll make it official tomorrow I'm quitting on the 5th of November.
I bought washer and dryer last Friday and have a small storage unit in Borger I put them in along with few things I have with me in NM. I'll go home for a week and bring back some of my travel furniture plus work bench and tool boxes for gun room.
I start new job the 16th. Hope it goes as well as I'm thinking it will. I sure want out of here.

Ron White mentions Fritch in his They Call Me Tater Salad bit.

·
JAFO
13,680 Posts
Best of luck to you.

·
Pinky Out
58,539 Posts
Great news!

Sounds like a good place and a great plan! :wavey:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
So you are buying an investment. The house for sure, not even a question. Come time to sell it, your market will be much larger than for a trailer- hence your return much higher.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Buying to avoid paying rent, not so much an investment.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts