1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Its pretty and it rare but in reality it wasn't all that impressive in the real world.
Trooper MK V with a Python bbl.

·
M62/76
12,940 Posts
Interesting how some of the more recent bidders have very little to no feedback...lots of this going on lately on GB only for items to be re-listed. Scarce gun nonetheless.

Reactions: rayzer007

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
No doubt about it, it's a nice piece, but waaaay outside of my price range and realm of desirability.

I cannot stand the sellers on GunStroker who's only auctions are for that "ULTRA RARE", "SPECTACULAR", etc. firearm. For years it's been my opinion that these sellers for the most part sell to themselves or their shills in order to raise the selling price and perceived value of their "items" offered, which is one of the reasons why I shy away from GunStroker unless the item is current production and available through multiple sources, as competition amongst firearm dealers is what keeps prices in check - with reality.

There's a particular seller at the 'Stroker who always writes up a 1,000+ word description in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS for each item or items, that's really annoying and difficult to read, where he's typically trying to sell items like 5 Glock 17M (Lipsey's model, which actually costs the same as the Gen5 G17 with Ameriglo sights) handguns with "FBI" laser engraved in bold letters on each of the slides ('doubtful that the FBI would ever do such a thing), nicely photographed residing in a fitted Pelican case, for some absolutely outrageous price of $7,500. Everything he sells is "ONE OF A KIND" or other such nonsense, which usually means that what he's offering as an FBI, Special Forces, or other high profile "agency" pieces are items that he'd dreamt and hyped up - instead of the real McCoy. He's counting on fancy descriptive wording and the people with more $$ than brains to keep himself in business. I see it all the time in dealer ads for used pianos...it's an effort to make the less knowledgeable think that they're looking at more value and greater quality than what is actually present.

Buyer beware...indeed.

·
M62/76
12,940 Posts
No doubt about it, it's a nice piece, but waaaay outside of my price range and realm of desirability.

I cannot stand the sellers on GunStroker who's only auctions are for that "ULTRA RARE", "SPECTACULAR", etc. firearm. For years it's been my opinion that these sellers for the most part sell to themselves or their shills in order to raise the selling price and perceived value of their "items" offered, which is one of the reasons why I shy away from GunStroker unless the item is current production and available through multiple sources, as competition amongst firearm dealers is what keeps prices in check - with reality.

There's a particular seller at the 'Stroker who always writes up a 1,000+ word description in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS for each item or items, that's really annoying and difficult to read, where he's typically trying to sell items like 5 Glock 17M (Lipsey's model, which actually costs the same as the Gen5 G17 with Ameriglo sights) handguns with "FBI" laser engraved in bold letters on each of the slides ('doubtful that the FBI would ever do such a thing), nicely photographed residing in a fitted Pelican case, for some absolutely outrageous price of $7,500. Everything he sells is "ONE OF A KIND" or other such nonsense, which usually means that what he's offering as an FBI, Special Forces, or other high profile "agency" pieces are items that he'd dreamt and hyped up - instead of the real McCoy. He's counting on fancy descriptive wording and the people with more $$ than brains to keep himself in business. I see it all the time in dealer ads for used pianos...it's an effort to make the less knowledgeable think that they're looking at more value and greater quality than what is actually present.

Buyer beware...indeed.
I know the last seller you’re mentioning. Always advertises as “contract overrun,” or “deployment package” and asks insane prices...doesn’t matter what it is, he’ll make it “tactical” and jack up the price

Reactions: spork

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Interesting how some of the more recent bidders have very little to no feedback...lots of this going on lately on GB only for items to be re-listed. Scarce gun nonetheless.
These "bidders" with little to no feedback are most certainly either the seller themselves or their friends/shills that are being used to artificially raise the selling price and therefore the item's perceived value. Items being re-listed after bidding had already taken place on them is surely a sign of such shenanigans...of course the reason for this BS would typically be something like "I'm re-listing this item due to a deadbeat bidder" or other such nonsense, and GunStroker lets them get away with it.

The "beauty" of GunStroker to the seller is that there's no way a legitimate bidder can know if those bidding against them for a particular item are actually legitimate bidders themselves...

...and that's a risk I prefer not to take.

·
M62/76
12,940 Posts
Yes- there are a handful of sellers I’ve long suspected of engaging in shill bidding for sure.

·
Registered
15,800 Posts
Yeah, you buy it at $25k, can’t shoot it, to pretty, then a few years later it’s advertised at $28k. Instead I’ll take that S&W Model 65, or a Ruger Security-Six. At least I can carry & shoot it.
Yup, NOT a collector here so im more worried about how it works and if it works well/properly than if its a collector piece...all id do is ruin that from carrying it and getting it all scratched up...collector/safe queens and me just dont compute ;) im a tool user not a tool collector to look at them lol.

·
Premium Member
1,814 Posts
Don't know or care if it's another case of shill bidding, but that seller knows that posting pics of the firearm being handled with white gloves can convince fools to bid real stupid.

·
Registered
282 Posts
There are collectors and shooters, I’m a shooter and won’t buy for collection purposes. I do own a few that have some collector value but didn’t buy for that reason. With that said that’s a beautiful gun.

·
M62/76
12,940 Posts
Looks like the dude who registered on GB two days ago won it for $26k...watch for the relist

1 - 20 of 22 Posts