Holsters

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by PerfectionSeeker, Mar 20, 2016.

1. PerfectionSeeker

PerfectionSeeker

I've been very impressed with the quality of Talon leather holsters (Tallahassee, FL). Unfortunately they don't offer an IWB holster for the G39 specifically. But they offer (of course) one for the Glock 30 & 29 (item number GK30-IWB-T) and one for the Glock 26 & 27 (item GK26-T-IWB):

https://www.talonholsters.com/talon-tuckable-glock-holster-p-97116.html

https://www.talonholsters.com/talon-tuckable-glock-2627-holster-p-97023.html

Has anyone here ever tried these with the Glock 39? Or any other G26 or G30 molded leather holster with the G39?

It seems to me that the measurements on Glock's web site are not accurate. It lists the G26 and G39 as identical (both 165 mm long, 105 mm high and 30 mm wide). But if you put the guns next to each other, it's easy to see they are not. The G39's slide is definitely thicker. For the G30, Glock's specs are 175 mm long, 122 mm high and 32.5 mm thick.

I'm thinking that since molded leather holsters are generally tight in order to allow the leather to stretch, the beefier slide of the G39 will be too wide for a holster intended for the G26.

So would a G30 holster be a better bet? Its wider opening would probably be smoother with the G39, given that the slide seems to be the main friction area. But: It would be about 10 mm too long, and I'm not sure how this would work out with the trigger guard.

Any advice?

2. PerfectionSeeker

PerfectionSeeker

I have tested both the Saf-T Bloc and Uncle Mike's pocket holster, as well as the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. (I think the article number is N38BJE1Z0).

Interestingly, each of the above has advantages, depending on the shape of the pocket. The Nemesis prevents the gun from tilting, and it distributes the weight more evenly. But the pocket has to be wide enough at the opening, and ideally have a flat bottom. Uncle Mike's is more flexible in this regard, and it works with more different pocket shapes. But it doesn't hold the gun in the same position as well as the Nemesis.

However, a beefy chunk of metal in your front pocket doesn't seem ideal for many occasions and for every dress style. Particularly with slacks and thin fabrics, it's going to sag like a brick in your pocket when walking, and it'll stick out when sitting down. Body style may also play a role. (Does it always work for you? I'm asking because some people say pocket holsters work great for them, but they don't mention that they never wear anything except loose-fitting jeans and cargo pants).

I'm on the fence about whether the Saf-T Bloc makes sense or not. One the one hand I think it's a good idea, but then: only as long as you don't rely on it. I fiddled with the screw. If I tighten it too much, I might not get it out smoothly under stress. If I don't tighten it enough, it can work itself loose. To me, this introduces too much uncertainty. I simply can't rely on something for safety that doesn't perform exactly the same way every single time. And even then, I'm loathe to rely on a gadget that may or may not be there.

But how about my initial question -- how about the leather IWB sizing?

3. Firecop203

Firecop203

Anything that fits the 21 will fit the 37.

4. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

Call Tom at 2aholster.com He made these for my G 38 and G 39.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]