holster while riding

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Lightsped, May 15, 2005.

1. Lightsped

Lightsped peon

I am looking to buy either an ankle holster to wear over my leather riding boots, or a shoulder holster of some kind to wear under my leather jacket.

The gun is a G26. Can anyone here recommend a good AFFORDABLE setup?
    Thanks

2. BikerRN

BikerRN

When you are riding the last thing you want is a gun strapped to your ankle.

I can't think of any motorcycle accident that doesn't involve injury to the lower extremeties, even if the injury to the lower half isn't why I may be treating that person. I highly recommend shoulder holsters, and there are a gazillion good ones out there to choose from.

You might want to take a look at Mitch Rosen's "Express Line" they seem to be OK for a not so hefty price. I ride myself, and carry 24/7, so I can relate to your predicament. Definately go with a shoulder holster, but keep the gat off your ankle. High Noon also makes a decent shoulder holster that you might want to look at.

Good luck and keep the rubber side down!

3. EZFLY80

EZFLY80

I carry all my guns in a high noon IWB. It allows me to tuck my shirt in over the gun making it invisible, especially with a jacket.

4. jpa

jpa CLM

You mention the type of gun, but not the type of bike. IWB or paddle holsters would probably suck on a crotch rocket, but would be fine on a cruiser. This is how I've done it. I'd stay away from ankles and other lower extremities as well. If you must, get a shoulder holster or even a ugh...fag bag. I wonder if there's a market out there for a magnetic tank bag holster...

5. Ralphumor

Ralphumor NRA Life Member

I carry ALL the time and ride the rest of the time. I carry I Phobus paddle. Some time open (in uniform) amd most time with my shirt over it. I know that we must dress for the crash and not the ride. I know that its going to hurt if/when I land on it. I do know that it wont go off cause its a Glock. Good luck and as always keep the shiney side up rubber side down. :cool:

6. RKC2000

RKC2000 OFOPOS

IWB in jeans seems a bit uncomfortable for me. I prefer an OWB. I've been using Uncle Mikes IWB but just ordered a CTAC so will wait and see how that works.

My Bianchi OWB works great - plus it has a strap guard so you needn't worry about the gun coming out regardless of what position you ride. Of course, with a good IWB, you shouldn't worry about that either.