close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Holster review;forum member JoshK

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by sargespd, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sargespd

sargespd

I am the fortunate recipient of a "test" holster from fellow forum member JoshK. One of the conditions of his gift was a review and photos after about a month of use. I may have passed that point a bit, but I am more than happy to provide a review of the holster. First, here's a pic of the holster and my assorted day to day carry stuff;
    [​IMG]
    The holster is an IWB for my G27, and I have worn it daily for over a month now. I am very pleased with this holster. The construction is solid and attractive, perhaps not as refined as something from Milt Sparks or some of the oldtimers in the business, but still very attractive and well finished. The holes for the stitching and the stitching itself is all done by hand by Josh, as is the boning and finishing. The holster is well molded to the pistol, and holds it securely without tension screws or other retention devices. The positioning of the belt loops is excellent, allowing me to place them around belt loops on most of my pants, which keeps the holster from moving around on the belt. The loops, which are attached to the body by snaps to allow for different sized replacements, are perfectly sized for my 1.5 inch belts. I was a bit curious about the attachment location of the front snap, being centered on the leading edge of the holster body, but it works well to snug the gun into the body, as does the rear loop. The holster allows a full grip on the pistol allowing a proper draw stroke, and the angle of the holster is just what I would have asked for had I been asking. The holster has a
    molded in sight tunnel, and a partially reinforced mouth. This was another issue I initially questioned, but in use, I have found that it allows easy reholstering, and works just as well as other holsters I have used that were reinforced all the way around. Here are a couple of pics of the holster in use:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Overall, I am very pleased with the holster in all regards. It looks good, functions exactly as it should, and I would gladly recommend it to anyone looking for a good concealed carry holster. In fact, I already have on several occasions. Check out Josh's website, www.kolbesonleatherworks.com, I think you will be as pleased as I am. Thanks Josh, consider me a satisfied customer. I will seriously consider ordering from you in the future.

2. farkill

farkill

His work on the website looks to be pretty good, and he dresses them up nicely too if thats your thing. And his prices are probably not reflective of the quality of his work.

But . . . he only does IWB's and apparently only for glocks. So I cant buy a highride, forward cant , avenger type holster from him for my 3" 1911:shocked:

3. FrogWithAGlock

FrogWithAGlock Girl with a Gun

Thanks for the review. After looking at the options, I think I've found what I'm looking for. I just placed an order.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  4. BigJoe13

BigJoe13

sargespd,
    Thanks for the review. Holster looks great.

5. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

A lefty,

Lefties are of the Debil.

:tongueout::rofl:

6. sargespd

sargespd

There is a reason why the left side is referred to as "sinister" in heraldic terms...:devildance:. And I often have a Debil of a time finding good gear.

7. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Proud Husband

Very good read.

Nicely presented and well written narrative.

I have one of his IWB holsters and recently wrote my own review here on GT.

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I am dealing with Josh right now on an order. I have to say he is first rate with customer service. I am bombarding him with questions as we all know that we all have a bin full of holsters that we buy and end up not liking for one reason or another so I am very cautious now with buying holsters.

9. FrogWithAGlock

FrogWithAGlock Girl with a Gun

I received mine just over a week of my order. It is beautiful, well made, and exceeded my expectations. I will begin carrying this week!!

I asked Josh several questions, and he was very professional from start to finish. I am VERY pleased.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  10. DaverZ

DaverZ

hehehe i would'nt mind being a tester..lol

11. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

I see he only makes holsters for Glocks.I wonder if he will be making holsters for S&W's.

12. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

nice holster & review. I'm glad to see 1 of the 1st ones was a lefty, because I'm a Debil, too. Actually, I might be worse: I use my left hand & my right eye. Banishment to the far ends of the range are a regular occurance...

13. JoshK

JoshK

thanks for the review sarge!

i'm working on acquiring several new models including XD's, 1911's, and M&P's.... i've got to get totally caught up on my Glock orders for now though....

within the next month or 2 the new models should be coming into the lineup....