close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Holster Options Glock 27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jhands, Dec 30, 2009.

1. jhands

jhands

It is getting a bit chilly out here in Florida and recently the cargo shorts have been sitting in the drawer a lot. I am looking for a waistband holster for glock 27. I am 6'0'' 180 lbs med build, and I don't wear baggy clothes, but I don't wear tight clothes either. What are some good, affordable options out there? Any recommendations are appreciated....

2. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

I was using a Galco Paddle style for a while. Just got a Cross breed super tuck and now thats all I use. Shorts, t shirt, jacket, it works with anything.

3. blueroot

blueroot

I just picked up a Galco Concealable Belt Holster, which to my surprise actually conceals better than I thought it might. I wanted to try an OWB as all my others are IWB.

4. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

G27. Same as this comment.

5. vinnier6

vinnier6

i am looking at a galco small of the back or the avenger...both are owb belt holsters, check them out...i also ordered a milt sparks vm2 for my 23, and i am hopping it will also work well for my 27

6. blueroot

blueroot

Are you looking for IWB or OWB suggestions, or both? I was assuming OWB given the context. I also have a supertuck and it is good. As odd as they are, the best I have so far (my collection of holsters is growing) as far as comfort and concealability goes are those compression underwear with the elastic holster sewn on. They don't do well when it comes to reholstering, and the fact that you can't just slip them on and off your belt, but they are comfortable and hide well.

7. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

I carry my G26 in a RM Low Rider IWB kydex holster...even when wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

8. Pylot7

Pylot7

Go get a Glock Combat Master. It seems totally improbable but it is easily the best holster I ever used. They cost under $20.

9. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Love my Blackhawk Serpa.

10. jhands

jhands

If I buy an IWB holster, will I have to wear bigger pants to fit it in the waistband? Some of my pants are a bit tight in the waist after the holiday season...haha.

11. Berlin Kid

Berlin Kid

Ditto on the Glock Sport/Combat holster. Inexpensive, sits high on the belt, and close to the body. My G27 resides in one. Not as easy to get off and on as a paddle holster but hugs closer than any of my paddle holsters (which reside in a drawer).:cool:

12. blueroot

blueroot

I usually like to wear one size larger waist when wearing IWB.

13. jhands

jhands

Well the one size bigger jeans thing could be an issue, I don't have many pairs that aren't snug in the waist. The glock combat/sport holster, is this OWB or IWB?

Is this it?

http://www.glockworld.com/item/71398_Glock_Holsters_GLOCK_HO17143_HOLSTER_SPO.aspx

Also, how crucial is it for the pants to be a size bigger? I am very interested in that crossbreed holster, but am afraid that the jeans I have now that fit well would be too tight with it on. I carry the gun in my waistband without a holster from time to time if I feel the situation warrants and don't really have an issue with the pants being too tight in the waist...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  14. Berlin Kid

Berlin Kid

That is it. It is OWB. And that is a good price.

15. gtalum1996

gtalum1996

16. RangemasterP226

RangemasterP226

17. hhiglockcop

hhiglockcop

I have used both the Serpa and the Cross Breed Super Tuck. I have found the CBST to be much more comfortable and lower profile. The problem with the Serpa is it is not very concealable and you are forced to wear a large cover garment.

18. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

OWB is generally just as concealable and more comfortable than IWB, except with large guns (such as my 5" 1911). Blackhawk serpa's don't conceal very well, though they're good holsters. The glock sport holster is right up your alley.

19. fxstchewy

fxstchewy

Glock Sport or Fobus work great for me for OWB. :cool:

20. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I'm in S. Florida. I purchased my first and only IWB holster a few weeks ago... A Crossbreed Supertuck... for my G27. Very happy with it. I started wearing undershirts again (last did so in the Navy). The undershirt makes everything even more comfortable. And, there's a reason you constantly see advice for a real gun belt... It makes a TREMENDOUS difference.