Holster Help!!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by SteadyGlock, Jan 8, 2010.

1. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

Greetings All,

I'm sure this will still qualify as a ridiculous newbie question, but could someone write a basic explanation of holster options that we could eventually relocate to "Valuable Info" for new members? I did a search and didn't see any past threads (though I've overlooked them in the past.) I'm interested in the basic styles, what to look for, recommendations, popular manufacturers, etc. If anyone can offer a general overview, I think it would be really helpful to present and future "newbies" like myself.

Thanks in advance!!

2. firedawg60

firedawg60

You might check the Holster section of the Carry forum. I've picked up some good info there about holsters. Your question is pretty broad so you may need to narrow it down. Have a great night.

3. Scared_of_zombies

Scared_of_zombies

IWB and OWB are the main ones then SHoulder or Thigh rigs.

4. ranger56528

ranger56528

Well if its for the 17 and its not your main CW I would go with the Serpa Level II Sportsman,sure do like mine for the 19 but then again so does the Crossbreed Supertuck and the bellyband and not leaving out the Bianchi Carrylock just ta name a few...Holsters are like tools they build up and ya need a bigger drawer or box ta put them all in...