Holster for Running / Biking / Fitness

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by LifterCatcher, Jan 20, 2010.

1. LifterCatcher

LifterCatcher Im watching You

I guess it's time to make my own holster.

I have recently been running a lot, both trails and road running. I am logging a lot of miles and now more than ever I need my little buddy(G23) with me.

I have a KelTec .32 but I am way way better feeling carrying my G23. I have been running with my Keltec in an uncle mikes #1 Holster tucked into a knee brace that I wear around my anckle, it works but if I ever had to get to it in a quick situation is a diffrent story.

I cannot figure out how to carry my G23 while running, I have tried an MTAC, Fobus and others due to the weight is flops around and will not stay secured. Are there any other runners out there that run with bigger guns?

What works for you?

Thanks

Chris

2. bluelineman

bluelineman Infidel كافر

3. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr

Have you thought about a shoulder holster?

4. JoeyK545

JoeyK545

5. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

I bike and walk. I carry my P32 in my front pocket.

6. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Good luck man. I've been trying to figure this out for a while. I have a G23 also and want to take it with me. I really think that a holster with some form of retention strap is necessary because I fear the bouncing from running will slip the pistol loose in a nylon or belly band type holster. The shirts look interesting, but I think that accessing the gun would take too long. I found this, and am contemplating buying it.http://www.wolverineholsters.com/catalog_i8719603.html?catId=347336 If you find something that works, please PM me with the info.
    Thanks

7. Gallium

Gallium CLM

You have to make the gun fit the activity, not make the clothing fit the gun, for the acticity.

I would recommend a smaller, lighter, single stack pistol. Any of the tinier Kahrs, the Kel-Tec .32 you already own, a Ruger LCP, etc.

You're going for a run. At the very least, do a threat level (TL) assessment of the route(s) you take. If TL = high, stay home! :)

'Drew

8. area727

area727 G23

what about something like a bianchi carrylok? It will at least secure the weapon in the holster, but the holster may flop around while running.

9. Hipneckonwheels

Hipneckonwheels

Wilderness Safepacker. Have been using it to carry my G26 or G19 bicycling or hiking for five years. Comfortable & low profile. I often run into good old boys out in the sticks who tell me I oughta pack a gun and are very surprised when I show them I am. I've even worn this indoors and around people while bicycling through small towns. If people notice it (rarely, as I wear it on a black belt over black mountain bike shorts with an oversize jersey) they think it's some type of small squarish bicycle pack for carrying wallet, phone, etc. Even when I pull the phone or wallet from some other pack, no-one has thought to ask me "Well, what's that on your hip?"
    Also great for car carry (as it can be seatbelted in) or just transporting the gun from car to building without looking like you have a holster.
    http://store.thewilderness.com/product_info.php?products_id=18

10. hhiglockcop

hhiglockcop

11. jdt77

jdt77

Went for a short run this morning (2 miles) and tried the Galco belly band (ordered from Dillon Reloading) with a a Kahr PM9 in it. The band stayed stable and kept the gun from moving around. It was a great deal more comfortable/stable than I had anticipated it being. The only downside was I had it so tight I found myself sortof gasping for breath.

I wore it as a cross draw, and noticed the butt of the gun was printing through my t shirt---i dont really think anyone would ever notice unless they were right beside me. Plus I could turn it around on my strong side and I dont think the printing would be as bad.

I have also tried the 5.11 tshirt with the Kahr and it bounced around to much. In a very short time the skin around my ribs were starting to feel raw. If I had to choose between these two, it would be the belly band with out a doubt.

12. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I really like Fanny pack carry for the gym. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it screams gun. I've yet to have someone come up and ask me what I'm carrying. Since I usually don't have pockets, I put my keys, wallet, zune in the fanny pack, and nobody's the wiser. I carry a smaller Glock in mine in a gym, keep it just loose enough where I can turn it if I need to lay on my chest. I think for the 23, You'll need a Lg.

Could be a good reason to pick up a nice snub revolver or baby glock. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqBGeK1XWnE

http://www.tommysgunpack.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1