GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my searches are coming up with nothing I am entering. Tried manually searching but I don't see what I am looking for.

I need a holster, OWB, for my newer Glock 45 with Surefire light attached. Alien Gear and a bunch of others don't even list a Glock 45. My generic holsters will not work with the light/laser.

Do I just need to wait a year for things to catch up or does anyone have something in mind?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I’m sorry to inform you of this but I’m 99% sure that is a replica light.

I’d probably go with a Blackpoint holster if you want a simple solution and would email them to verify what version of the holster to buy. I usually buy G34 sized holsters when using the big Surefire lights. Even my appendix rig for the X300 is g34 length but it usually carries a G19 or G17.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I will look into that. Is there something visually that you can identify that makes you think it is a knockoff?

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Thanks, I will look into that. Is there something visually that you can identify that makes you think it is a knockoff?
1) Chinese are not allowed to own handguns. So, why would they be selling legatimate gun accessories there?
2) copy shops exist to sell to "foreigners" such as yourself who are there for a short visit
3) Usually these shops are all congregated together selling "LV" handbags, "Callaway" golf clubs, and other name brand copies
4) in Shanghai, it's at a subway station near a tourist area to get lots of traffic from laowai
5) the shop owner will usually start out with "I want to have your baby..."

if you have noticed any of these clues from your visit, it's probably a copy

fake-markets-in-china.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the answer but that was not the question. I wanted to know what, if any, visual clues you might have seen from my images that led you to believe it was not "true to form".

The Chinese make all kinds of gear for the world market that they cannot afford or own legal or otherwise. They make a lot of ammunition even though civilians cannot own firearms (automatic prison for 7 years)

I have been going to China for decades and I am very much aware how the tourist "market" operates. I enjoy seeing how close knockoffs can be to the real thing. There are many levels of quality for knockoffs and actually I have found Chinese branded (straight goods) often will be of very good quality.

I was interested in Hawaiian style shirts. I found many for sale over there had some defects in quality or pattern lineup. I found some shirts that were for sale because they had both Tommy Bahama and Costco's Jamaca Jaxx labels sewn in by mistake. The same factory makes both.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I didn’t want to be a butt but I was actually 100% sure it’s a fake within seconds of looking at the first picture.

The overall look of the lettering and the finish of the metal is off for a genuine Surefire. The solid Surefire lettering is also not correct.

Also, you can see below that the serial number is fake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. Btw, a few years back I got a knockoff Omega (Customs allows one "grey" or knockoff per category) watch. The clasp broke after heavy use and brought it to my longtime jeweler for repair. He also enjoys looking at the knockoffs and comparing them to the real deal. I assumed he thought it was an FX but he ran the serial number and it came back as authentic! He almost sent it in for repair! Caught it just in time!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yes, like you said previously, there are different levels of knockoffs. Hopefully it is worth what you paid.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I have a fake Surefire X300 Light I paid $40 for. It actually works pretty good and hasn’t stopped working.
With that being said, I also have a real X300.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts