Holosun 507C who is using one

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by rick458, Sep 16, 2018.

1. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

I like that the Holosun has the RMR foot print and the 65 moa circle and dot but wondering if the reliability has gotten better.
    I built a Polymer 80 G19 lower, and will put the Brownells RMR cut slide, Ameriglo suppressor sights, and threaded barrel on it. Final piece will be the RDS either the 507c ( if the bugs are worked out) or the LED RMR( which are not totally without its own issues).
    Are any GTers running the Holosun 507C, if so what has your experience been. Same for RMR users.

2. babue

babue

I have had RMR's on multiple guns over the last 5.5 years. Very tough and reliable. I did have to
    send one back for a flickering dot. No problems, they fixed it and replaced a scratched lens that was not a problem but they replaced it without even asking. If you plan on using it for a range gun, use what ever you want. For a self-defense gun, I would only trust the RMR.

3. Horn

Horn

For an outstanding reflex (red dot ) sight. (Brownnells is the distributor for these too) you might consider the Shield RMS. Made in the UK and until a year ago restricted sales to only the British
    military and special forces for 30 years. All you do is zero them in. No On or Off buttons and no buttons of any kind. The dot adjusts instantly to the environment. The battery lasts "2 to 3 years" and "4 years in normal use". In short, it's on constantly.
    I have one on my M&P Shield and am putting the RMSc (more compact than RMS) on my
    G43. I chose the 8 MOE one as I practice quick SD shooting only. However, I've hit consistently
    1 liter plastic bottles at 200 feet. I zero at 17 meters__recommended by Shield (UK) for close
    shooting and works well for more distant shooting.
    $400 at Brownells. You can purchase at Lone Wolf Distributors site for $350. (The lowest price I've found anywhere)
    Stay safe.
    Poli Viejo

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Shield RMS can co-witness with stock sights. That's cool. I wish more sights would work like that.

The auto brightness can be insufficient in certain circumstances, as discussed in the video. There are other issues as well. I don't think it's on the same level as a Trijicon.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hGk4EUs4_c

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    nevernuffglock likes this.
  5. Horn

Horn

The Trijicon was made originally by Shield. I suspect the Trijicon is now produced under license.
    www.gunsamerica.com/digest/first-look-shield...
    During most of that time, they made sights for other firms to sell under their own brand names including Firepoint, Tasco Optima, Trijicon RedDot or JPoint. The Shield Mini Sight comes with three dot options, all of which are powered by a CR2032 battery driving a red LED.

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

That is true but the Trijicon and Shield are very different sights at this point.

I'm looking into putting a red dot on a P365. I've already found one slide miller that does that using the Shield.

7. Horn

Horn

Send me that guy's information.
    To:
    [email protected]

8. Horn

Horn

Second try. Please send me the information. I'm interested in putting the Shield RMSc
    on my P365 also.
    My email is [email protected]

9. cowboy1964

cowboy1964