GlockTalk Forum banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Apart from the conservative Southern Democrats (Dixiecrats), the Democrats were pretty far left even then. They were responsible for introducing government control into practically every part of American society.

They even started telling farmers how much crops they could grow on their own farm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

The Democrats were also instrumental in setting up the Globalist UN. I guess the "Greatest Generation" was OK with that.

And that's not even mentioning how the Democrats put innocent American citizens in concentration camps. I guess the "Greatest Generation" was OK with that, too.

And a flood of 3rd world immigration, and LBJ destroying freedom of association, and gun control (1934 and 1968), etc etc etc.

All brought to you by the "Greatest Generation."

Compared to the Democrat Party today, even Bill Clinton is a "staunch conservative."

That doesn't mean the Democrats back then were actually conservative.

My point is, the "Greatest Generation" had a clear choice between conservatism or Globalist Marxism, and they overwhelmingly voted for Globalist Marxism.

The freedom for transgender men to use the little girl's restroom?

That's what they thought they were fighting for. I don't blame them. They were lied to.

What they were actually fighting for was:

That's pretty much exactly what the "Greatest Generation" did when they voted for FDR 4 times.
So, I guess WWII never happened, right? Normandy never happened, right? Guess you'd rather be speaking German, right? GMAFB.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The context of government assistance was quite different 60-70 years ago. In fact assistance was the name of the game. Today it means forever.
JFK was a life member of the NRA, His Garand sold for thousands of dollars several years ago.
Democrats in the years after WWII were day and night different from today.

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
The context of government assistance was quite different 60-70 years ago. In fact assistance was the name of the game. Today it means forever.
JFK was a life member of the NRA, His Garand sold for thousands of dollars several years ago.
Democrats in the years after WWII were day and night different from today.
Exactly. There is no comparison between then and now. Anyone who says otherwise is either an idiot or has an agenda.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oh, I get it now...you're a bigot. Goodbye.

Ah yes, the lame "AnYoNe WhO dIsAgReEs WiTh Me Is A bIgOt!" accusation.

You sound like a leftist. That's exactly the sort of thing they say.

I guess these days, anyone who believes in secure borders, or doesn't support BLM, or believes there are only 2 genders, is a "bigot." :rolleyes:

Yawn.

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Some folks on here can't seem to grasp the concept that you can support LGBT people and not support BLM and ANTIFA rioters. You can want secure borders and not discriminate against people different than yourself. Some folks on here want to put everyone in a box. Fortunately, I am not like those people. As long as someone is not trying to harm you, live and let live.

Oh, BTW...whether some folks agree with my positions or not doesn't change the fact that the generation who won WWII preserved freedom for countless people around the world, not just in the USA. We owe them a huge debt of gratitude.

·
Director of civil unrest
8,548 Posts
. As long as someone is not trying to harm you, live and let live.
So I guess you support drag queen reading day at your local elementary school?
Not trying to harm us. Lol! They have an agenda and you've fallen for it. Or maybe you're "they"?

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
So I guess you support drag queen reading day at your local elementary school?
Not trying to harm us. Lol! They have an agenda and you've fallen for it. Or maybe you're "they"?
There's a drag queen reading day at my local elementary school? Link, please.

·
Director of civil unrest
8,548 Posts

·
Electric Sex
5,385 Posts
Something else not taught in schools, is how many people Stalin killed in his gulags.
This is a made for television film from 1982. It is based on the story of Victor Herman who left the USA in the 1930s to work in the Soviet Union. He ended up in one of those gulags and it is a good addition to a number of cold war films. I don't think that I've seen it since then but plan to watch it again now, and thought that I would share it with you and other GTers.

Reactions: Sporaticus

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
This is a made for television film from 1982. It is based on the story of Victor Herman who left the USA in the 1930s to work in the Soviet Union. He ended up in one of those gulags and it is a good addition to a number of cold war films. I don't think that I've seen it since then but plan to watch it again now, and thought that I would share it with you and other GTers.

I remember this one from back in the day...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag_(film)

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Which is why we gave all of Eastern Europe to the communist Soviets as soon as the war ended?

It's flip to claim we, "gave" Eastern Europe to Stalin. I think we would have beaten The Soviets in a continuation of WWII but the cost in blood would have been staggering.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I can't remember the documentary I saw on the end of WWII, but it showed high ranking Nazi officers forced to load endless dead Jewish bodies in the backs of trucks at one of the camps. It was the most graphic WWII documentary I've ever seen. It showed other graphic scenes, and I can't remember now if it was the same documentary, but they forced the town's people to parade through the camps forcing them to become witnesses to the atrocities. If I can find the name of the documentary, i will post it here.
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/memory-of-the-camps/

Alright, I found the VERY graphic documentary I had watched a while back. I recommend EVERYONE to watch this. If it happened then, it can happen again AND probably will.

The begging is just a static image for 2 minutes, but is narrated for some reason. Even so, listen to that part because it is important. It doesn't take long before the graphic nature of the documentary becomes apparent. DON'T EVER FORGET!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
It's flip to claim we, "gave" Eastern Europe to Stalin. I think we would have beaten The Soviets in a continuation of WWII but the cost in blood would have been staggering.

World War 2 started because Britain and France claimed that it was oh so important to prevent Poland from being invaded.

So when Germany and the Soviet Union invaded Poland, Britain and France declared war only on Germany because......reasons?

And then after the Allies won the war and the Germans were thrown out of Poland, Churchill and Roosevelt/Truman promptly handed Poland over to Stalin.

I guess Polish sovereignty (literally the reason WW2 started) wasn't so important after all.

And then, having given Poland to the communists, Churchill and Roosevelt/Truman proceeded to merrily give Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, and East Germany to the communists too.

In East Germany, there were even places that were held by US/British troops when the war ended. We withdrew our troops so the Soviets could move in and occupy.

Should Eastern Europe should be grateful to us for giving them 45 years of communist rule?

141 - 160 of 184 Posts