close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hollow or Semi Hollow Body Guitar Question.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mossy500camo, Dec 24, 2004.

1. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Anybody here play a Hollow or Semi Hollow body guitar? Do you think Christian and Old Time Gospel would sound good through one of these? Thanks for any info. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2. kneeoh

kneeoh Dammit Jim!

I actually find that my semi-hollow is good for all types of music.... from jazz to heavy metal. The extra resonance give a nice, fat tone that easily goes from mellow blue to buzz-saw depending on the amp and volume you're using. I think one would be perfect for Christian music.

3. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Cool! Thanks for the info.

Any experiance with the Ibanez ArtCore?

4. kneeoh

kneeoh Dammit Jim!

I've never owned an Artcore but I've tried them. For the money, they really aren't bad at all. You may also be interested in an Epiphone Dot... its essentially a Gibson 335 but built in Korea. If money is no object, the Paul Reed Smith hollowbody would be my personal choice because PRS guitars sound incredible and they're relatively small. Makes it easier to play in various positions. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the above brands so try out a bunch and then choose the one that suits you best.

Happy Stringin' ~2 ~2 ~2

5. Ricky T

Ricky T Millennium Member

I have an Epiphone Dot, a cheap copy of the Gibson ES335. Sounds great, have the fat, heavy sound. I think it's great for playing the blues. Although a bit heavier than a Fender Strat.