Holiday's Chocolate/Sweets/Liquor. Info, What Ya Got?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by cyberghostx13, Dec 5, 2019.

1. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well I'm starting this thread beacuse of the Holidays and I love chocolate. Been searching for chocolate covered cherries, but I saw some liquor filled ones in my search. I thought maybe it would be better to see what knowledge and experiences I can get from GTers before I buy any online. So please add whatever knowledge or experiences you have. Later.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Von Hayes, SilentRecon and Rellik like this.
  2. Rellik

Rellik Kwisatz Haderach in Training

Oh yeah, I've had these choc bottles! Not heavily "loaded", but flavorfull!
    Best thing is to buy your own, sample and then buy what you like for the holidays.
    Me, I'm simple. A handful of m&m and a slug of milk. Chew it all together. Orgasmic.

cyberghostx13 likes this.

3. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well I went ahead and bought a box(72 Pieces) of Celia's Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries. The price was right $28.75 total cost including shipping. Will arrive December 11-13. I have had these before and they are very good, but it is a gamble on how they arrive, most reviews were happy ones. I read one review and that person recommended a seller that packaged well and sent with some sort of cool pack or something. Anyway 25 smackers ain't too bad a price. Godiva's version is great and very tasty with liquid inside but they are just so very expensive. $10 for 6 pieces$$$$.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Well anyway now I'm set but I am still open to trying other types of chocolates. Later.

Rellik likes this.
  4. DonMerlin

DonMerlin

This time of year we get a See’s Candy kiosk at the mall. This is the only time I go to the mall.
    This year the trip cost me $286.00
    This is my personal stash.

5. SilentRecon

SilentRecon

My grandpa used to give me one of those little booze filled chocolates when I was a kid and tell me it's our little secret. I always thought I would get hammered off just one but never did. He was prepping me for the world. Today, I rarely ever drink liquor but oh man do I enjoy them little delectable booze filled Joy's. Brings me straight back in time to a good place. RIP Grandpa!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cyberghostx13 and Rellik like this.
  6. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

www.gearhartschocolates.com

Handmade. Expensive. Worth it. :) They do 2-day shipping iirc. They have a store here, so I can go broke even faster.

This is serious chocolate.

[​IMG]

"When Tim Gearhart started Gearharts Fine Chocolates in 2001, artisan chocolate was a rarity in the United States. He brought a global vision of fine chocolate making, gleaned from years of experience in professional kitchens, to his Charlottesville shop.
    After serving as a cook in the Marine Corps, Tim formally trained in pastry at The Culinary Institute of America. He then externed at Charlottesville's famed Keswick Hall before helping with the launch of Hamiltons’ at First & Main as the pastry chef. His culinary career then took him to places as far-flung as a dude ranch in Wyoming and a castle in southern England, with stops in fine-dining restaurants along the way. He finally returned to Charlottesville to open Gearharts Fine Chocolates, where he and his team have been crafting distinctive artisan chocolates enjoyed by customers near and far."

cyberghostx13 and Rellik like this.
  7. DAKA

DAKA

Now you've done it...

8. InValhalla

InValhalla

One way or another, these always end up under the tree or in a stocking.... or both!

Malley Ohs!... from Malleys Chocolates. malleys.com

IV MalleyOhs-Xmas.jpg