Glock Talk banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Registered
1,688 Posts
I'm hearing good things about the new gen 5 finish. Anything would be better than the gen 4 finish. I really want a new G43, but I won't have the gen 4 finish. So, I called glock to see when it would be available in the new finish. "No plans to make the G43 with the new finish". So here's the deal. I will not buy a glock until they do. Anyone else feel the same.
*Granted the Gen 4 finish is not the greatest but if you keep a coat of firearms oil of your choice on it then it will scratch and mar less .

· Adirondacker with a Glock
2,830 Posts
Hey, a Glock is a Glock, and they're on Warranty! What's not to like?!?

· Registered
176 Posts
Hey, a Glock is a Glock, and they're on Warranty! What's not to like?!?
I am a big fan of Glock, but since you mentioned warranty and asked what’s not to like, I’ll share my opinion on something they could improve on, in case they are reading this. It does very much upset me that they do not consistently pay for return shipping when you have an issue. I know they sometimes do, but sometimes they don’t. I don’t know of any other major firearms manufacturer that does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
4,577 Posts
leather', it may depend on the issue, how you present it, and who picks up on the other end.
I had a 42 & 43 with the 8lb triggers, and finally made an issue of them being out of spec with the rep I talked to. Out and back in a week. YMMV.
As regards Glock finish, Glocks are fugly right out of the box, and a little wear doesn't really signify. It's not like a pretty blue or nickel gun.
Moon

Reactions: leathermaneod
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.