Hold on to those upgrade parts

Discussion in 'The Big Dawgs Club' started by gunsmoke92, Jan 8, 2017.

1. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

I've been impressed with my new 30S, but found a few things I wanted to change. In the past, if I sold or traded a Glock pistol, I started returning them to stock and stashing the upgrade parts, so today I dug through the bag to see what I had. The trigger was fair, not great. Low and behold I had a Ghost Edge connector and a couple NY trigger springs. Got those installed and the trigger is wonderful, firm pull with a nice crisp break. Doing some dry firing and watching the sight picture stay steady with no pulling right or left, up or down. I'm not a fan of the polymer sights either, and planned on replacing them with a set of steel OEM's. A little more digging and I found a brand new front fiber optic. Popped it on and now have a vibrant green dot up front with a perfect POA/POI match up. I also came across a Pearce finger groove +0 mag extension and installed it on a mag. Now I just need to find the Wolff recoil rod and springs that I know are hiding somewhere. The great thing is these are all parts I already had and if I decide I don't care for them at some point in time, the original parts are setting in the bag waiting for the day when they are needed.

Oh, by the way the 30S has been a super little carry piece. I'm sure my S&W 49 will still see duty for pocket carry in the Summer months, but if and when I feel the need for something larger, the 30S will be right there. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

There's nothing like having extra spare parts.

3. BobinNC

BobinNC

Ghost Edge Connector and NY1 trigger spring is also my choice for my G30S. It yields a great smooth pull and a firm reset....