Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I would like my new G17.5's factory grips but the longer I shoot it the more those sharp little bumps feel like piranha teeth in my hands. Have any of you Glocksters installed Hogue Handall grips with the finger grooves on your G17s? Just wondering how they're working out for you, and how easy they were to install.

My Browning HP's previous owner put Hogues on it and I love the way it feels in my hands....very comfortable and no noticeable increase in bulk.

Air gun Trigger Grey Line Gun barrel

·
Pretty Ladies!
4,895 Posts
I have Hogues on all of my Glocks. It's the first thing I add to them.

Installation is easy if you warm them up a bit first. Either dunk them in hot water first or you can heat them up a bit with a hair dryer. I also use hairspray to lubricate the inside of the grip while I slide it on. When it dries it helps hold them tight in place.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have several of them on my Glocks. Love them, but they do increase the girth of the grip itself. They are difficult to put on, well in my case anyway. I actually put them in a pot of boiling water for several minutes and used Windex to lubricate the inside of the grips themselves in order get them to slide on a bit easier.

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
I have Hogues on all of my Glocks. It's the first thing I add to them.

Installation is easy if you warm them up a bit first. Either dunk them in hot water first or you can heat them up a bit with a hair dryer. I also use hairspray to lubricate the inside of the grip while I slide it on. When it dries it helps hold them tight in place.
I used to use the hairspray trick on my dirt bike grips back in those days. Worked great!

I have never tried Houge grips on any of my Glocks, but I really like them on my Ruger .357

·
Registered
27,436 Posts
I have a Hogue on a P365 and have used them on a Kahr PM9 -

I bought one for a GEN 4 G19 to get ride of the cheese grater feel but I didn't care for it.

I like these better -

White Air gun Trigger Grey Line

I do not get the back strap grip - I like the backside to be rough. YMMV

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Try the Talon Pro grip. Keeps the positive features of the Gen 5, removes your negatives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts