Hog vs 45acp

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by 2 Hawks, Oct 31, 2005.

1. 2 Hawks

2 Hawks ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of a 264# hog I took last summer. 1911 Kimber 200gr.SWC One shot to the head did the trick. He was out at 25 yards. The hard part was loading it onto the truck bed..

2. noway

noway

Nice hog and nice hunting terrain. Cali is still suppose to be the #1 state with the most wild/feral hog population for the states.

good job ;)

3. Neocon

Neocon

I've been wondering about the 45acp and hunting. Have you ever shot anything in anything other that the head? What was the damage like from the round? Would you feel ok with a lung shot on a deer.

4. 2 Hawks

2 Hawks ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My brother took a nice bobcat that was a lung shot out to 80 yards with the same 200gr SWC. One shot did it. As for deer I took a small blacktail a few years back with the 200gr SWC it too was a head shot at 27 yards. I would take one with heart/lungs only if i was able to take two quick shots from inside 20 yards. The bullets would most likely pass through.
    I passed on a small buck last month only because he wasn't quite legal, barely legal don't cut it..That one would have been an easy head shot at 15yards..Next year..
    More pig hunting before the end of this year me hopes...