GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
Old Guy Strength and Conditioning.

I do 3-4 conditioning workouts per week and a couple of light barbell workouts. I wish I could still do real barbell workouts, but I have neck issues that I haven't yet figured out how to deal with -- maybe someday.

My scores aren't bad for my age (49). I can do 50+ pushups, 100 burpees in about 10 minutes, and 17 reps x 8 on tabata squats. These last two workouts are nicknamed NDE1 and NDE2 (near death experience) in my garage spartan gym. I'm pretty good with a jumprope also, with double-unders, etc.

There's always a bigger fish, obviously, so there are people who would laugh at all of my scores.

I get most of my material from Ross Enamait's Never Gymless and Full Throttle Conditioning. He's an awesome athlete and a great guy. www.RossTraining.com

·
Georgia gal
1,142 Posts
Are you still dropping travel tags?

We'll be looking for them

Sometimes I still do. I don't geocache nearly as much as I once did. Almost all of my geocaching pals have lost interest. When I visit a new place, I try to find at least one or two. There are a lot locally that I've not tried to find yet.

I may try to go find one this afternoon. It was published yesterday and had not yet been found last night. It was totally dark when I saw it, so I didn't go. Didn't think I needed to be tromping around alone with a flashlight out in the sticks. But it's been ages since I've gotten a FTF.

If you'll PM me a PO Box or address (place of employment, church, business you know, etc., if you're half as paranoid about internet as I am), I'll mail you an extra pathtag. I still have a few left.

Sadly, people hardly ever log tags at the pathtags.com website when they find them any more, so it's hard to know where they've been found. And around here, geocoins get stolen immediately, so I don't release any of those now. Amazingly, I actually got one of mine back that had traveled over 20,000 miles, but that was not recently. Now they all immediately disappear.

Sorry for the temporary thread diversion, OP. Interesting thread topic, btw.

·
Registered
30,069 Posts
seriously? $250? I may have to try that. Is there a learning curve on using it or is it just plug and play?
Amazon has them less than $200

The earlier Hubsan 501ss model's transmitter is square. The better, later transmitter is wider, but a smaller view screen (what the drone's camera sees is on the transmitter view screen). The later model runs about $50 more but the later Transmitter is worth it.

There is a learning curve. Check out the MANY Hubsan H501ss videos on UTube "TheRcSaylors" has a good UTube video for new flyers.

I can afford the expensive ($1,000+) drones but I like this H501ss so much I have 9, new in the box spare 501s models----because----I believe the trend is to do away the view screens on the transmitters and instead to use the person's "Smart Phone". I don't do Smart Phones.

Amazon
Hubsan X4 H501SS Pro Version GPS FPV RC Drone with Brushless Motor Quad with 1080P HD Camera RTF

·
Huge Member
11,066 Posts
I customized several vans in the 70's, the golden age of vanning. Shag carpeting, CB radios the whole nine yards. It was fun. Built some camper vans in the 80's & 90s. My last van was a '99 E150 which I drove for 17 years. I cried when it wore out and wasn't worth fixing anymore.

Reactions: NMG26

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
Arguing with wife

Arguing with sons

Constant repairs on party barge

Missing Ducks while hunting

Yelling for my Black Lab Female to come back while missing Ducks when I am hunting

Buzzing my bald head once a week

Attracting chiggers while doing never ending yard work at the Mountain cabin we live in.

·
Registered
15,411 Posts
Sometimes I still do. I don't geocache nearly as much as I once did. Almost all of my geocaching pals have lost interest. When I visit a new place, I try to find at least one or two. There are a lot locally that I've not tried to find yet.

I may try to go find one this afternoon. It was published yesterday and had not yet been found last night. It was totally dark when I saw it, so I didn't go. Didn't think I needed to be tromping around alone with a flashlight out in the sticks. But it's been ages since I've gotten a FTF.

If you'll PM me a PO Box or address (place of employment, church, business you know, etc., if you're half as paranoid about internet as I am), I'll mail you an extra pathtag. I still have a few left.

Sadly, people hardly ever log tags at the pathtags.com website when they find them any more, so it's hard to know where they've been found. And around here, geocoins get stolen immediately, so I don't release any of those now. Amazingly, I actually got one of mine back that had traveled over 20,000 miles, but that was not recently. Now they all immediately disappear.

Sorry for the temporary thread diversion, OP. Interesting thread topic, btw.
We've picked up a few pathtags here and there, found logging them a bit confusing. We happened on a rare FTF last month.........
We are SPat ABQ if you want to check out our antics......currently in Colorado, started geocaching in Albuquerque

·
M62/76
12,140 Posts
I fish a lot and cook (with varying degrees of success). I enjoy hiking also when I have the time.

In addition to shooting and reloading and general “collecting.”

Reactions: Hannie Caulder

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tell us about your Bourbon Collection!
Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 15 Year, Pappy Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot B 12 Year, Pappy Van Winkle Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year, William Larue Weller 2013 and recently Blanton's Single Barrel (which has suddenly become rare!). I started paying attention too late to acquire any Pappy 20 or 23 Year. The prices and availability for both of those are now just ridiculous!

·
Moved on...
9,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Amazon has them less than $200

The earlier Hubsan 501ss model's transmitter is square. The better, later transmitter is wider, but a smaller view screen (what the drone's camera sees is on the transmitter view screen). The later model runs about $50 more but the later Transmitter is worth it.

There is a learning curve. Check out the MANY Hubsan H501ss videos on UTube "TheRcSaylors" has a good UTube video for new flyers.

I can afford the expensive ($1,000+) drones but I like this H501ss so much I have 9, new in the box spare 501s models----because----I believe the trend is to do away the view screens on the transmitters and instead to use the person's "Smart Phone". I don't do Smart Phones.

Amazon
Hubsan X4 H501SS Pro Version GPS FPV RC Drone with Brushless Motor Quad with 1080P HD Camera RTF
I have an "old" Yuneek Q500. It has not flown in 2 years. Batteries are $100 each! Just got too expensive. Batteries would last 20 minutes. Every day it sits, it becomes more obsolete as newer, cheaper machines with more capabilities hit the market. As with all things of technology, this is what happens.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
*Reloading: currently working on about 3k .223 and 5.56, about 2 k of nickel plated 357 mags, and assorted others that are regularly shot. 9mm.
*Casting boolits: Need to cast more 9mm as they areregularly shot.
*Guitars, Guiatrs , Guitars!: Collecting, playing, practicing, recording. I have a decent collection, not over the top collectors choices, but players that each have their own story for me. Many of them I built from spare parts, refretting some with stainless steel frets as I wear frets out pretty quick. Also working on a soundtrack for an Independent flic in Indian Country.
*You Tube channel: Mostly behavioral health stuff with some native American speciffic topics as well. I have a following of a whopping.....9 or 10 subscribers. Most watch vids on face Book rather than You Tube. I get lots of views on F.B. Wish it was the other way around.
*Hiking: Was looking for Fen's Fortune this last year in New Mexico. But dang it all to hell, the treasure was recently found in Wyoming.
*Writing: Haven't written anything since college in the 90s'. gave up trying to publish back then because I got a gig with a touring band while I was in Grad school. Just didn't have the time. Well, have a couple of cool stories. One bein worked on daily and another brewing.
Jeez, I haven't had a boring day in over 30 years. Always have something cooking. Looking to start a dildo repair shop here in the burbs. Should have a lotta suburban customers I'm sure.

41 - 60 of 223 Posts