close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hmm, I now like Sig Sauers!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by drider, Feb 8, 2010.

1. drider

drider

Hi all, I'm a bias type of dude favoring Glocks and nothing but Glocks, may be due to my personality of liking things plain and simple. On the other hand, i had a opportunity to shoot my buddies Sig Sauer 220 full size .45acp and I'm happy to say I'm a Sig Sauer fan! But still a Glock fan, and always will be. Above all, I like how the Sig shoots and it is fairly comfortable, I hit bulls eye first shot! My next gun would be a Sig!!

2. Andy W

Andy W

You might be better off getting a used one.

3. raven11

raven11

welcome to the club, there is no rule that says you can't be fans of both

[​IMG]

4. G-31

G-31 .357 Sig

I'm looking into a 229; in .357 of course. :supergrin:

5. eXistenZ

eXistenZ Play it.

Guess you didn't get the memo :tongueout:

6. raven11

raven11

you mean the one discussing how we shouldn't rub shoulders at the range?

:rofl::rofl:

7. BNJA

BNJA

They shoot like a dream...after the first trigger pull. I just do not feel like training their da/sa system. I'd chose a 1911 if I wanted a gun that felt like butter.

8. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I like my SIGs a lot.

9. drider

drider

Hmm, when i wrote my thread I forgot to say since i was in a hurry that I was a skeptic on the D/A then S/A, since the only D/A - S/A I shot was my pops old S&W model 59! The trigger on it shoots poorly, but once i shot about 3 magazines through the Sig, I was a fan, and can say it shot fairly nice. The only glocks i shot were the my own G26, G17, and G21. But the Sig shot nice nevertheless. Also like to add that I love the looks of a black Sig with wood grips! Next I want to try is a 1911!

10. okie

okie GT Mayor

Not many folk know this, but I am partial to the 1911:supergrin:

11. bambikilr

bambikilr

sig is a great gun, kinda wish i hadn't sold mine, (since the price has jumped so much) was more accurate than my glocks, but just really didn't like the S/A to D/A, prob didn't shoot it enough, that was only my 3rd auto....so, i'm just hooked on revolvers, glocks & 1911's...just me

12. SVTNate

SVTNate Packers fan

YA DON'T SAY! :wow: :supergrin:

I like Sigs alright. I've got two currently, matching two-tone P226R and P220R with Nills and Grayguns Inc. competition trigger packages and Dawson sights. I've owned the P226ST, P220ST, P228, and a couple others as well.

I just prefer Glock for most things. My Sigs have great, light, smooth triggers, and they're pretty good in that regard stock as well. I just don't like the DA/SA with decocker setup much, nor do I like the long trigger reset (again, stock trigger). For HD and CCW use, I much prefer Glock, but for punching paper I do enjoy my Sigs just fine (although I much prefer 1911's to Sigs)

I know we're not supposed to talk about other forums on GlockTalk, but it's worth mentioning that the administrator of a particularly popular Sig Sauer forum carries a Glock 19 as his preferred CCW weapon if I recall correctly.

Variety is the spice of life. I've got Sig, HK, Glock, 1911's, revolvers, Berettas, etc. in my safe. They're all great guns. Reliable, accurate, etc. I enjoy shooting them all. Of course I have my preferences, and to be honest I'd sell off the Sigs and HK's before the Glocks if I had to, but there's nothing wrong with preferring one of those other excellent platforms. All I tell people who prefer others is to give Glock due consideration, because IMO it's an excellent platform that is often dismissed by n00bie shooters who don't make an effort to acclimate to the grip angle. Some guys never like it, and that's cool, but it takes more than a feel at the gun shop or 20 rounds through a buddy's Glock to get used to it, and if you're like me you might end up loving it and finding it an extension of your hand with some practice.

13. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

I own 2 Glocks and 2 Sigs, 2 full size, 2 medium and all in 9mm. The Sigs stay in the safe and very rarely get fired. They are pretty, tough and shoot nice.

But....I like Glocks too for a few more reasons- Reliability, function, balance, accurate and the stock trigger reset. The G17 is my front line gun and the G19 is the travel piece and teaching pistol. Neither have let me down yet.

I dont know if all of that makes me weird or what, but thats my deal. :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  14. okie

okie GT Mayor

Yup I do say:supergrin:

15. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

[​IMG]

16. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

My 245 is the first gun in 15 years that put my Glock 23 in the safe. I still take the Glocks to the range but carry the Sig :supergrin:

17. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I have more money in SIG handguns than Glock handguns...if anyone was ever interested. :faint:

I also shoot each and every one of my SIGS (except for the training gun with the horrid 11lb DAO trigger pull) better than all of my Glocks, except for a G31 and G37.

Really awesome guns. Maybe one day I'll herd them all together and take a pic. ...or I could just ask BAC1023 :) to post from HIS fine collection. :supergrin:

18. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Sig's are nice, but figure out how to add a can of lubricant to your CCW setup. :)

IGF

19. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

I too have more money in Sigs than Glocks...but that wouldn't be too hard since I don't own any Glocks. :supergrin:

But I do get to shoot any Glock at any time I want and they do just fine.

But I like my Sigs.

20. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Black T it and forget about it.
    http://www.black-t.com/