close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

HK USP Anyone?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Glockster_221, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Glockster_221

Glockster_221

Is anyone else absolutely dying to own one?

I purchased an HK USP .177 airgun for plinking around the yard, and I can't stop fondling it ever since it arrived in the mail. The grip and sights are amazing, not to mention the gun itself is gorgeous.

I want the real thing now. :cool:

My only beef with the gun is that the stippling, albeit very retentive, bites into your skin hard. After holding this thing for just a few minutes, I can see the pattern of the stippling on my hand.

But maybe that's just the airgun and the real one isn't as aggressive. I don't know.

Anyone else?

2. sigcalcatrant

sigcalcatrant

I use to feel that way. Now, I own seven: three in .40 S&W, three in 9mm(one an Elite), and a .45. I also have two compacts in 9mm.

3. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

HK's are worse than GLOCKs when it comes to multiplying. I have a few; I want more.

4. sigcalcatrant

sigcalcatrant

VERY true. I bought my first one only because it was agreat deal...now I have fifteen.:embarassed:

5. Cawdor

Cawdor Millennium Member

I have a USP in 9mm and 45 ACP. While the stippling is sharp, it has never bothered me, and I usually shoot 200 to 300 rounds when I take them to the range. On the other hand, if I were going to buy an HK today, I'd be sure to look at the P30. It has the best grip I've tried.

6. Gdirty5

Gdirty5

I have 2 of them, an HK USP 45 full size and a USP 9mm compact... I LOVE the way the compact feels in my hand. But I'm really not IN love with the gun. I still reach for my XD daily

7. Rebel_James

Rebel_James

If it's good enough for Jack Bauer .......

8. adamg01

adamg01

I had one and it was a good firearm. I wouldn't try to discourage anyone from owning one. It just wasn't for me.

9. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

I have 2 USP compacts stainless 9mm and .40 just got her yesterday actually. Their nice to shoot but I still like the Glocks better. You can also get like 2 Glocks or a Glock and a plinker with a ton of ammo for the price of 1 USP.

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

Mine has never felt uncomfortable although I have never looked at my hand after firing it. It has been totally reliable including once at work, sigh.

11. oldnoob

oldnoob

I have one (full size 40s&w), and don't plan on getting more. It's a quality pistol and mine never miss a beat, but don't think it's worth the extra $2~300 when compare to Glock/XD/M&P. If I knew better, I would of get a FNP instead, which is another polymer pistol with hammer/safety feature but with slightly better trigger.

12. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

I own a USP.40. Love it. Many shooters complain about the aggressive checkering. It has never bothered my hands at all.
    [​IMG]

:cool:

13. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

If the checkering and stippling bother you, try the P2000. It's much less aggressive. The P30 is actually worse than the USP in this aspect, but I don't think either are particularly painful. I've found that on my USPc 45 that it helps the gun from shifting in my hands during recoil.

14. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

I like my USP, but nothing "to die for".
    Personally, I love the stippling, the more the better. You must have very sensitive hands or something.

15. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

Had a USP 45c awhile back. Perhaps you will get over it. I did.

16. mikeyU

mikeyU

I like the p30

17. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

I've had a USP for a about a year, and while it's a nice pistol, it has on 3 occasions locked up on me. Couldn't pull the trigger although it looked to be in battery, and I couldn't retract the slide to chamber another round. Took some real work to get the slide open again. I haven't had the time to really figure out what may be the problem, and in both cases it happened with factory loads (S&B and Win white box) The same loads and a couple buckets full of handloads have given me zero problems in my Glock 21 or 1911s. For this reason I haven't got a warm fuzzy feeling about my HK, although it's accurate.

Not a whole lot of ammo through it, maybe a couple hundred round, and I think it isn't anything too serious, but at leat for now, I just don't trust it.:dunno:

18. up1911fan

up1911fan

Dying to own a gun that's been out 15 plus years? No. The HK45c is a different story though.

19. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

HK USPs are the best plastic pistols on the market period. If you can get used to the controls you will like them. I am used to Glocks and 1911s so the mag release is awkward for me.

20. -gunut-

-gunut-

The USP costs around $150-200 more than glock