HK USP 9/40 compact vs. Glock 19/23

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by Deputydave, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Glock 17L

Glock 17L

Anybody looking for a 40 upper might look on GunBroker currently There's a stainless KH slide & complete parts kit for a decent price.
    Looks to be complete except for the control lever..
    If I had a 9mm I'd be ON IT..
    Besides I have another 40 coming anyway..

chemboy and Deputydave like this.
  2. Glock 17L

Glock 17L

Deputydave I have to ask you again..
    If I had a 9mm factory HK USP Compact barrel would it fit in the HK 40 S&W Compact gun except for the outside diameter of the barrels.. & Work 100%??
    Now I want to have you measure them both & tell me the difference.
    Could a sleeve be made to make this happen? + 9mm magazine..
    Just an Idea in my head.. I know a guy.. or cut it for an o-ring like my tactical 45 had..
    Should just wait & score a 9mm upper or complete handgun..
    I really don't need a 9mm HK anyhow BUT??

What most folks want for an 9mm upper or parts kit for an HK Compact you could just buy a Glock 17L, 34, 17, 19 or 26..

In my mind Glocks cost $400-$450 & H&Ks cost $600-650..
    Prices currently have gone CRAZY.. Totally Insane!!
    I was able to buy the stainless HK for $570 with one magazine & have a 2nd blued 40 USPc on Lay-a-Way for $600 with case & two magazines. I picked up 5 extra magazines & will end up with 8 total
    That's like $400 worth of magazines in todays market = $50ea.
    Magazines I.jpg

My youngest Son David wants a S&W M&P .380EZ.. He's 28 BTW..
    We might ride up to the 2 Pawn Shops, Bass Pro Shop, Rural King/RK Guns, Kiesler's, Karvina's or Kentuckiana Gun Company..
    I have 200 LAX 380 ammo on hand for it in the stash..
    We sold His Colt Mustang Pocketlite last week..
    He's a South Paw & the Colt just wouldn't work out for him..

I want him to look at the 9mm EZ Shield but He will choose what He wants & The M&P 380 Shield EZ is at the top of his list..
    He's also been looking at guitars too.. We have 10-12 of those + basses, acoustics etc. = 2 Gibsons, Fender, Brian Moore, Ovation, Ibanez, Jackson, Peavey etc etc

3. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Here is the HK thread on the SEP board with the photos:

http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=255&start=50

Shooting a 9mm barrel in a 40 S&W slide can be accomplished. It was 100% reliable, no hiccups. Accuracy was fine for the most part, but there would be an occasional flyer. Not extreme flyers like a tight COM group and then one off the target, but you wouldn't want to be in a bullseye competition with the set up either. For SD at typical SD distances it would be perfectly acceptable. Good enough that HK doesn't feel the need to make a conversion barrel to fill the muzzle.

Glock 17L likes this.
  4. Glock 17L

Glock 17L

OK but from what I see the 9mm barrel needs to be larger on the outside diameter some to be the same as the 40s barrel to fit & function.. Could also be the barrels hood areas may be slightly different..
    Just wondered what that difference was??
    I also didn't think that most folks wouldn't have a micrometer or caliper to measure the difference between the two where as I have several around digital & Starrett mechanical.. = My years being a maintenance tech, mechanic & auto parts salesman..
    Thanks again Deputydave
    Gary/G17L

Deputydave likes this.
  5. Crafty714

Crafty714

I've been told that FINGER GROOVS don't make a difference!!! I don't believe the "experts" I can't shoot Glocks with the finger grooves. They never fit my hand and the grooves never lined up with my fingers, until I removed them, or bought S&W 2.0, or Sigs. Anyway, the glock with the finger grooves removed, I shoot 100s at qualification, with it.