Glock Talk banner

HK P30SK v3 is home now!

7077 Views 28 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  bunk22
Got the call the other day, and finally picked it up yesterday. It's a v3 model, and fits just fine in the Remora holster I use for quite a few of my other carry pistols. Going to hit the range this weekend if the rain holds off...

I really like the way this one feels in hand. It came from the shop with the medium side panels and large backstrap installed. Didn't quite feel right, so I put the medium backstrap in, and now it is just perfect for me. The big attraction for me was that the P30/VP9 magazines I have work just fine with the little guy--that it very good news, considering how expensive the HK magazines can get!

Anyway, this one is mine, and I am only planning on installing Trijicon HDs and also shooting it quite a bit..

Reactions: TxGlock9 and JMag
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats, Mike!
Another fine HK.
Shoot it well.
Thanks, Rod! I've been loading up a lot of .45ACP lately, so I've gotta switch the press over today and start cranking out the 9mm.

Very nice! Congrats!
Thanks, Wasabi! I'll post a report after (if...) I can get to the range this weekend.

-BB

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NIce, I'm still waiting for my P30SK V1 LE with factory Meps and three mags. I hate waiting - LOL!
Thanks, barth! I did that deal from the other forum when the VP9 was released, but was just too dang slow to get on the P30SK group buy. I hope yours comes in soon--I also hate waiting!

Very nice, Mike. I just handled one of those a couple days ago. Nice pistol.
Thank you, Brian! I looked closely at a P2000SK in great shape several months ago, and almost went with it, but I just didn't really like the grip on it. I was hoping that HK would release an SK version of the P30, which I really like a lot. Well, they finally did, and I wish that I would have been able to get in on the group buy on the other forum, but was able to locate one (in stock, no less!) at one of my favorite shops online and ordered one right away.

I am not a fan of pinky extensions, and do just fine (actually, I prefer) shooting without having to rely on my strong side pinky. This one is about the same size as the Glock 26/27/33 models I carry, but with a really nice grip (very much like a VP9) and a DA/SA configuration.

What I am most pleased about with the P30SK is that all my P30/VP9 magazines work, just like the different size Glocks.

· Registered
3,497 Posts
Well done, congrats. I'd be interested in reading your impressions after a range session or two.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it did OK today. 100 rds 115 gr. FMJ, 100 rds 147 gr. HP, zero malfunctions. Used both 10-round magazines and three P30 15-round magazines

10 yds CoM
15 yds head

I forgot how loud indoor ranges are, but I really enjoyed myself there today.

· JAFO
15,120 Posts
Nice shooting pal, not that I need one but I really think I might plan on picking up one of these at some point after I buy a VP9. Just because I'm too lazy to go searching do these come in the same variants and the other P30s. I've always been a fan of having the safety on the HKs I owned just because I'm so used to carrying a 1911.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice shooting Beanie-Bean!

How do you like the trigger on your new P30SK?? I have read from others that the SA release was pretty nice out of the box on their new P30SK.
Thanks, grumpy! Trigger was good out of the box. No mods required.

Very nice. Congrats on a great gun.
I like it quite a bit. It is actually easier to shoot than my XD-S/9 which I have shot quite a bit more. Glocks are still tops for me regarding carry pistols.

Nice shooting pal, not that I need one but I really think I might plan on picking up one of these at some point after I buy a VP9. Just because I'm too lazy to go searching do these come in the same variants and the other P30s. I've always been a fan of having the safety on the HKs I owned just because I'm so used to carrying a 1911.
Yes, the y have the same trigger variants as the other P30 models, so you would look for a P30 SKS model which would have the safety.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you are able to compare, how would it stack up trigger wise with a glock? I currently only have glocks, but this one is quite tempting.
Compared to Glock's triggers, the variant I have is totally different. It's DA/SA, instead of DAO like Glock. I would say it is closer to a SIG Sauer double/single trigger, but with a much heavier double action pull.

Congrats, that's a sharp looking pistol!
Thanks! Just waiting on holsters to become available for mine, and it'll be one of my carry guns.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.