Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has one likes and dislikes. I have been thinking about one for a while, and while I was at my gun shop they had a used (but very like new) on there that I had to have so I bought it. I haven't shot one but love the way it feels in my hands. Just looking for a little feedback from people that have them. This is my first HK as well. (9mm if it matter)

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I love my P30 & think it's the most comfortable pistol i ever held. It's also my only 9mm. Being a range gun i somewhat regret not getting the L model.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
I have shot it and love it. That grip is fantastic and the SA is sweet but the DA I could do without. Others do like it. There is a LEM DAO trigger that is pretty good.

HK has on their site the different trigger options and some ranges/stores have them to rent or at least the display case to try out the trigger options.

·
Leonum A Ignis
3,381 Posts
The P30/L is possibly the most ergonomic pistol out there right now. DA is nicer then a USP but the SA reset is longer. I also like the forward cocking serrations and standard accessory rail. I'm not a huge fan of the factory "glow" sights as a substitute for night sights but they are fine for the range.

In a few cases, some P30L's are known to have pretty stiff recoil springs brand new out of the box and people have reported stoppages when using weak ammo (like Rem. UMC in the yellow box) within the first 3-400 rounds. Being used, not sure yours will have this issue. If it's nicely broken in then probably not. If you do, use of 124gr. NATO is advised for break in.

Just thought I would throw that out there. :)

·
Motorhead
660 Posts
I held (more like fondled) one at the gun shop the other day. Man, talk about something that just feels right in the hand. Now I think I need to get one. I've been trying to find the P30L with either the V0 or V1 trigger but it seems they are nonexistent. Apparently H&K USA only imported 500 in LEM light and now all you can get is the V3 model. I can get the P30 in LEM light but I would prefer the longer slide version to use for IDPA and range shooting.

·
Caffeinator
5,845 Posts
I handled a P30 at one of the NRA conventions a couple of years ago. I loved the feel and texture of the grip. The pistol points naturally and looks good. I even bought several spare mags ahead of time, but I have yet to buy the actual gun; for some reason, I keep bumping it down the list for something else.

I have also debated whether to get the regular P30 or the P30L.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My P30 has the highest round count of all my pistols, nearing 16K. Nothing has broken, reliability is exceptional, and it remains surgically accurate. It shows about as much wear as my M&P 9c with 5K through it. The ergonomics of the P30's grip are unparelleled, and the slide is a work of art compared to the competition's offerings. The factory sights and trigger are the only items that some can't come to terms with on the nearly perfect P30 series.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have the P30S in .40 S&W. Love everything about it and has become my primary carry. My only complaint is it's now a year old, has over 1,000 rounds through it and the left grip panel has begun to creak and pop when you grip the gun. It really pops when you even lightly push on it with your thumb. It's kind of weird, only hope it never pops out one day.

·
Nonentity
4,472 Posts
Used to own a P30L. Durable, reliable gun. Trigger pull in DA and SA sucks. Were I to get another one, I'd get the "S" model, because the SA trigger sucks quite a bit less than the DA. Fairly accurate despite the trigger.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
GreyGuns does trigger work on HKs' that lightens the pull and reduces the reset of the trigger. Haven't tried them, but if I get the HK30 I will.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I have the P30S in .40 S&W. Love everything about it and has become my primary carry. My only complaint is it's now a year old, has over 1,000 rounds through it and the left grip panel has begun to creak and pop when you grip the gun. It really pops when you even lightly push on it with your thumb. It's kind of weird, only hope it never pops out one day.
You can get a replacement panel from HK Parts google it and order one from the websight. I had to order a new roll pin for my grip

·
JAFO
14,063 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts