Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some years back, guntest.com compared the HK P2000 V3 against the Glock 32 and declared the Glock the winner, although not by much.

Sorry for starting another comparison thread, but since I've been interested in these pistols for quite awhile, I'd appreciate your experiences on which is the better platform (either in .357Sig OR 9mm). Forget about the cost discussion...just which performs better.

Thanks,
PillBox

·
Registered
350 Posts
Six to one....

Whatever fits your hand better. I think the HKs are nicer, but like the Glocks for carry. Although the P30 and HK45 are some of the bets fitting guns I've ever held...so maybe I need those.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I prefer HK over Glock any day. The P2000 fits me well.

Of course, I like the new P30 better. ;)
I have to admit...I "tried on" a P30 at the gun store a week ago and have never felt anything like it. Absolutely fits like a glove. I'm not a 9mm man just yet, but if I were, this would be the platform.

PillBox

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I've got both and LOVE the P2000. I have the subcompact HK though. The ergos on the P2000 are light years better than the Glock IMO.

·
Deals in Facts
13,433 Posts
Some years back, guntest.com compared the HK P2000 V3 against the Glock 32 and declared the Glock the winner, although not by much.

Sorry for starting another comparison thread, but since I've been interested in these pistols for quite awhile, I'd appreciate your experiences on which is the better platform (either in .357Sig OR 9mm). Forget about the cost discussion...just which performs better.

Thanks,
PillBox
My P2000 V3 is a great gun. Ergos are far nicer than my 19.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got both and LOVE the P2000. I have the subcompact HK though. The ergos on the P2000 are light years better than the Glock IMO.
Thanks, JN...appreciate your learned input.

PB

p.s. and you too, bac

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine looks like Cobra64s.. I will admit that it does feel a little nicer in my hand than my Glock 19..And the last time I shot my P2000, I was center pieplate at 15-18 yards with ease..(same with my 19)..It also seems a tad thinner than my G19...BUT,,,,,I love my Glock 19..See sig line

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll repeat the cliche answer and say try both and see which fits you better. The P2000 is a great pistol...if you are used to shooting a 1911 or similar grip angle you will probably find it to fit you very well. It is probably one of the most comfortable pistols I own. However the more I handle my two Glocks (a 31 and a 27) the more I find myself getting comfortable with them.

I can't remember which version the V3 is, but if you are referring to the LEM trigger I cannot say enough good things about it. It is probably the best compromise in a trigger for a combat handgun that has been made thus far (IMO).

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll repeat the cliche answer and say try both and see which fits you better. The P2000 is a great pistol...if you are used to shooting a 1911 or similar grip angle you will probably find it to fit you very well. It is probably one of the most comfortable pistols I own. However the more I handle my two Glocks (a 31 and a 27) the more I find myself getting comfortable with them.

I can't remember which version the V3 is, but if you are referring to the LEM trigger I cannot say enough good things about it. It is probably the best compromise in a trigger for a combat handgun that has been made thus far (IMO).
Really? You LIKE the LEM, one of the most maligned triggers on the planet? Could you, perhaps, tell me how it feels in contrast to the Glock's DAO? I'd appreciate it.

PillBox

·
Linux Pimp
268 Posts
Really? You LIKE the LEM, one of the most maligned triggers on the planet? Could you, perhaps, tell me how it feels in contrast to the Glock's DAO? I'd appreciate it.

PillBox
It feels similar to the Glock with a NY1 trigger spring with a little lighter initial takeup and a slightly longer reset. The LEM isn't ideal but it's far and away better than the conventional DA/SA on the USP and derivatives.

·
Registered
32 Posts

PillBox

As far as I know, the Glock is not really DAO. It to me is its own unique system...but if I had to define it as either single or double action, I'd probably say it was more like a single action, just based upon the lack of second strike and the trigger pull. This is not a knock on Glock. I can't stand DAO pistols. I much prefer a Glock to a DAO pistol.

But, (and I may get slammed by others) I think the LEM is a great trigger system, and is probably one of the best combat trigger systems out there. Can I be as accurate with it as with the first shot of a DA/SA? Yes, of course. Can I be as accurate with it as with the SA shots from a DA/SA? Maybe, but only with practice. Can I be as accurate with it as with a Glock trigger? Yes, but of course with practice. As fast as with a Glock? Probably not.

I think the main problem with the LEM is most people pick up an LEM equipped gun, shoot a few mags through it, can't hit anything with it, so they declare it worthless. But the truth (IMO) is that since it is SO different than anything else they have ever shot they don't understand it enough to be able to shoot it proficiently. I would say it takes several hundred rounds to shoot one well, and in my experience, every time you shoot a Glock or SA/DA for a bit then you "unlearn" how to shoot a LEM, since it is so different. I am "forced" to shoot a SA/DA Sig on a regular basis, and I enjoy shooting Glocks, but I normally carry an LEM P2000SK. I can guarantee that if all I had to shoot was the LEM I would be as proficient with it as either the DA/SA or the Glock.

I would summarize the advantages of the LEM as this:
VS the DA/SA: It has a more consistent trigger pull
VS the Glock system: It has a longer (not heavier) pull, so it is a bit safer. Also, since it has an exposed hammer, you can holster in a safer manner because (in addition to a longer pull) you can place your thumb on the hammer to insure it does not come back in case something is contacting the trigger.

Disadvantages:

It takes longer to learn.

It might be slower than a Glock or the SA in a DA/SA, as far as (repeated) follow up shots. I would say this very likely versus a SA (DA/SA) and likely versus a Glock, athough a I have not comparatively shot a Glock and LEM enough to really be able to say.

·
Registered
399 Posts
i would buy the P30 in a heartbeat, if a .22lr kit was available....I picked the G19 because of the ability for a Advantage Arms kit and how cheap the magazines are comparatively...HK mags are a crime....if i do get an HK, itll be an HK45

·
Registered
230 Posts

Ah yeah... The battle of the polymers. You really can't go wrong with either one of these beauties!

Just to clear up any confusion if it exists - V3 is the DA/SA w/ Decocker version.

Triggers: This ultimately comes down to an issue of DA/SA vs. Glock trigger. If you like the DA/SA system, you'll prefer the P2000. If not, G19. I much prefer striker fired trigger systems over the DA/SA system of HKs and SIGs. I do not like the 10-12lb DA pull of the P2000, and I liked the long reset point even less. My Glocks currently run Ghost Rockets with a consistent pull at around 4.75-5.25lbs. So +1 for the G19 in my book.

I will admit that the P2000 is incredibly ergonomic with a Hogue grip sleeve, but the grip angle kills it for me. I prefer the grip angle of Glocks. The Glock grip angle places the wrist in a straighter position for direct recoil control. I find myself constantly having to adjust and raise the front sight when shooting the P2000. With the G19 I am able to lock my wrists down to fully control recoil for fast double taps. Some people think that Glocks feel like 2x4s, and I cannot relate. I actually like the 3rd gen finger grooves, and I get a better purchase on the Glock grip than just about anything except for a 20lpi 1911. +2 for the G19 in my book.

I have shot both extensively and have pretty much concluded which I like more. My G19 would be the last handgun I would ever sell. So for me personally, I just like the G19 more in all areas. I get faster, more accurate follow up shots with the G19, and in the end, accuracy and speed are the two things that matter most to me.

Honestly though, best thing to do is just to buy both. Ah yeaah!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Does anyone have a grip comparison? A picture from the rear maybe??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts