HK frame....

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 3rdgen40, Mar 3, 2010.

1. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

HK frame....
    <HR style="COLOR: #8c735a; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #8c735a" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start -->While I was cleaning and inspecting my new HK USPc 40 this morning I noticed a loose piece of plastic on the locking block.I pulled on it with tweezers and pulled about 1/4" piece off.Should I be concerned about it.I've found tiny pieces like that on Glocks before, but this is a large piece of plastic.The locking block is now bare metal on one side and covered in plastic on the other.I was rather shocked to find this on a $800 gun.
    Should I send it to HK to have it inspected ?
    <TABLE class=ncode_imageresizer_warning id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_1 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2 and weights %3.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>[​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->

2. JBJ16

JBJ16

OMG!:wow: You must send it back or expect a lot of FTF/FTE:shocked:

3. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I just looked at my 45 in that area. Best to call them and get an RMA.

4. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

My USPc .40 has over 1000rnds. through it and the wear on the frame in that area is very minimal. There is a little metal showing through on either side, but not as much as what I think I am seeing in your picture.

Can you get a clearer pic, more focused on the area in question?

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Need better pic,.......

6. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Here's mine after more then 1,000 flawless rounds through it, including some .357SIG.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  7. mdfd

mdfd

I can see some wear and tear after some significant number of rounds, but yours is NEW and like this?!?! :wow::shocked:
    I'd be interested to know if this is a big deal....Please let us know what HK has to say about this...

8. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

I have similar marks on my USPc 9mm and .40 like H&K4LIFE has I can't figure out how to put a pic up. Lol tech un-inclined. I'll ask next time I'm at the range as well.

9. mdfd

mdfd

I wonder if someone w/ a low round count HK could take a look at that area and see what the wear is like?

10. unsigned

unsigned

Wow, you guys are talking about 1K rounds through the guns? Thats like break-in... maybe. :D

11. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

Probably not a problem. I can't imagine that a thin flake of plastic constitutes a critical structural member. Shoot it. If it breaks, send it back to HK.