close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hitman 2: Silent assassin

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by ambassador, Jan 11, 2005.

1. ambassador

ambassador

Hi Guys,
    My 6 year old son and I just finished playing hitman 2. We got to the end and erased the last guy that Diana told us to kill for the UN. But I did not get silent assassin rating on any of the missions, I usually got mass murderer rating.
    The game was so enjoyable however, that I intend to play it again, can anyone give me some advice on how to temper my aggression and get silent assassin at least sometimes? Can anyone also tell me an easier way to kill the guy in the back of the limo in the motorcade ambush scene wothout using the sniper rifle? Shooting the engine of the 1st UN truck and then gunning down the guy in the back of the limo from that distance took me almost 2 days to get right - painful!
    Your general experiences regarding the game are also welcome.

Thanks,
    ambassador

2. tony4311

tony4311

3. jthuang

jthuang On The Jazz

I didn't get Silent Assassin on most of the missions but managed to make it out with Expert or a similar rating. Tony4311 got the ticket ... take a gander at a walkthru and you'll be fine.

The first mission is probably the easiest to get the Silent Assassin rating. The payoff is big as you get the suppressed Silverballers which pack quite a punch (what a ripoff ... did they not want to pay AMT for the licensing rights to say Hardballers?).

I haven't played Hitman 3 (Contracts) yet ... waiting for the price to come down.

Best of luck,

Justin

4. AnthonyA7

AnthonyA7

Hitman 2's best mission is the first. I play it over and over. It is an overall good video game. Hitman: Contracts was also good due to better (in some cases) sound and graphics, but there is no story to speak of, as you are playing missions that have emerged out of 47's memory.

5. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

I use the invisibility code to help get silent assassin. You can still alert the guards though, they just won't be able to see you. Haven't got Hitman Contracts yet. You can get it on Amazon.com pretty cheap.

;g

;8 ;I

6. Rasco

Rasco Swollen Member

I always hated stealth in video games.

Hitman 2 makes a better shoot-em-up than a stealth game.

I always got mass murderer too, it was just too easy since all the guards would just line up and come around corners for you.

I decided it was more fun to play Hitman like it was Max Payne, rather than like it was Splinter Cell or some sneaky-type game.

But 6 year old son.......?

Might want to wait until he's a little older to start playing assasination/mass murder games with your kid.

7. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

Hey guys, I got a problem with my Hitman 2 game. It wont give me the M4 for getting silent assassin on 5 missions or getting it on Shogun Showdown(the one time I ever get silent assassin on that level, and it won't even give me the M4.) anymore. It used to work right, but it wontg do it now. Anybody have any Idea how to fix it? Is there a patch somewhere that will help?? I know how to get it from the Motorcade Interception level, but I'd still like to get this problem fixed.

;g

;8 ;I

8. ambassador

ambassador

It's not what you expose them to as much as the values you instill in them. My son is wise beyond his tender years, and I constantly speak to him about right and wrong. He knows its just a game and not to be emulated. I grew up watching cartoons where pianos were dropped on people's heads and they walked away flat as a pancake. Did I try to do the same to my friends? No, because I had the good sense to realize that real life was much different, and that they would really get hurt.
    We need to give our kids more credit.

9. Rasco

Rasco Swollen Member

Um......;P Are you Seriously comparing Looney Tunes to Hitman : Silent Assassin?

I'm not saying your kid will grow up to be the next beltway sniper.
    I'm just saying that maybe there are better, more appropriate games to play with a 10 year old kid.

I'm not trying to lecture you or tell you how to parent.
    I'm just amused at which games you think are ok for kids.

Do you let your kid watch Goodfellas or Scarface too?

10. djjordache

djjordache blah blah blah

here is all the info you will ever need on Hitman Hitman Forum

walk throughs for ss and also some videos on how to get ss.

have you guys heard about the new one? "Hitman: Blood Money - The Dossier" it's not going to be as "dark" as contracts but the stealth goes even further EX. you have to wipe up the blood after killing someone or the guards will follow the trail and your cover is blown....

11. Huntsman

Huntsman Mid Aged Member

to get silent assassin on on the "Motorcade Interception" board use the Axe.. it will chop right through the limo

The best way to get a silent assassin on any board is being able to recognise patterns in enemy behavior... after that it's just a walk in the park (and then you kill the last 2 generals)

12. khaitran

khaitran

Hitman contracts is badass!

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Mid Aged Member

I'm waiting patiently (still) for bloodmoney

14. jthuang

jthuang On The Jazz

Need ... to ... build ... new ... computer. :( Current Dell cannot play new games, argh!