Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
The entire Smith line of 1911's feel good in the hand. Overall, They did a decent job with them. I played with them at SHOT for quite a bit. Their bobtail feels extremely good as well, however youll still never see one in my safe. There's other companies making better guns for less money.
Their performance center Koenig gun is nice though! The trigger is amazing on it!

·
Pistolero
6,150 Posts
Paris Hilton? She's into 1911s?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I really enjoyed my railed S&W but there were a couple of things that bugged the crap outta me. The trigger had up and down play, the safety wasn't positive, and it didn't feed hollowpoints. It shot well though.

There's many other brands I'd rather have right now.

·
Deals in Facts
13,433 Posts
The entire Smith line of 1911's feel good in the hand.

Their performance center Koenig gun is nice though! The trigger is amazing on it!
Yes it is. :supergrin:

·
Registered
427 Posts
I could change the grips and live with the rear serrations, but man....I hate FCS on a commander. :ack:
Ditto! And the ambi-safety. Where did that come from?!:steamed:

Alas, the search for the elusive alloy Comanche continues...:faint:

·
Banned
5,375 Posts
That thing is as ugly as a Sig 1911.

·
Premium Member
22,816 Posts
I never thought I'd own a Smith 1911. Now I have a PC 9mm and love it. The two things I'd change on mine is to get rid of the FPS and put front cocking serrations on it (it's a game gun, so they help). Now they are going to make it. :faint:

One thing about the Smith 9mm, it seems to feed hollow points well and works with a variety of mags, which is not something you can say about many 9mm 1911s, especially in this price range.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Jesus! That's one busy-looking pistol. Reminds me of the 1980's with all the extra fascia and extra angles they put on cars. I guess the only thing missing would be to put cocking serrations down the entire length of the slide. Oh, and maybe add some go faster stripes for good measure. All I can say is... wow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts