Highest round count on any .40 caliber Glock ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tercel89, Oct 10, 2019.

1. tercel89

tercel89

What is the highest round count that you have seen on a Glock in .40S&W ? I know it's a high pressure round and is supposed to beat the gun up pretty good. I am wondering how many rounds it will take before things get out of specifications or malfunctioning , or pins "wollering" their polymer holes and such.

Tino_Bustamante likes this.
  2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

You don't have enough money to wear out any Glock.

I have over 2 thousand rounds thru my G22. Shoots/functions just like the day I bought it.

:cool:

3. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

.40 is a useless, worthless caliber. Get rid of all .40 caliber handguns now.

Valmet and captcurly like this.
  4. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    I've got a G-23 with around 160,000 (yes, one hundred and sixty thousand rounds) on the clock; the springs , pins, and other small wear parts have been replaced on a regular schedule, but the frame, barrel, slide, etc , are the originals, and are still perfectly functional.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  5. tercel89

tercel89

My G22 Gen 2 was my work gun that had at least 8,000 through it and it still worked great. Then was issued the Gen 3. I saw a video of James Yeager talking about how no .40S&W pistol would survive past 50,000 rds. I'm just seeing how many you guys have ran through one .

Will Beararms likes this.
  6. glock1097

glock1097

I have over 50,000 on a G23 Gen 2 and it’s fine. I’ve only replaced the recoil spring and slide release. No problems encountered.

Cali.Glock, rfd339, Bus007 and 4 others like this.
  7. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    I think that (roughly) scheduled replacement of the recoil spring assembly is the key to longevity with these pistols; that assembly being in good order lets a lot of other parts have an easier ride.....

Having said that, you may want to replace the locking block pin if you've never done so, that one takes a lot of stress, and it's a cheap part.....

8. Will Beararms

‘Have a Gen. 3 23 I bought used and I do not know how many rounds are through it. The finish is worn a good bit and I have had it wet with sweat and have fallen in a creek with it on but never any rust due to keeping it wiped down. The plastic sights have been dinged up and need to be replaced. I am wearing it now.

9. Will Beararms

Count on the opposite of whatever JY says as being true.

10. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Who cares? The ".40 beats up your gun" argument is a myth. Any modern quality .40 pistol will outlast you if it is properly cared for.

11. norcalAF

norcalAF

Yep, send them to me, I'll dispose of them properly

12. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

This is where you went wrong. Yeager is a pudz of the highest order. Some say he puts on good training classes and his staff is high caliber. OK surrounding your putz self with high caliber people is a good idea, so he can have that one, but are they really or just spew the BS you want to hear as an uneducated participant. I can't say first hand.
    I've heard of half a million, and some claim more through a 40. I have 2 with over 50K round counts. Both have only had routine maintenance, springs and a couple of extractors. The 23 was bought new. The 22 was owned by a competitive shooter. I don't know how many it had before I bought it, but it had a brand new set of springs when he sold it to me.
    I have a friend who qualifies the local SO and some of the PD's without a training officer, who has at least two with well over 100K. He just says he lost count 10-15 years ago but puts 5-6K a year through both.

13. CDW4ME

CDW4ME Enigma

Today I learned that my Glock 23 is essentially immortal, versus me anyway.
    I'm 52.
    My Glock 23 might have 2,000 rounds through it, high estimate.
    Lets say I decide to shoot it 100 rounds a month, every month.
    If I shot it 1,200 rounds a year for the next 40 years it would have about 50,000 rounds.

Will Beararms and slamdunc like this.
  14. glock1097

glock1097

The Glock including the .40’s will outlast us with routine maintenance.

15. tercel89

tercel89

I think my G22 will last quite a bit longer too. I just wanted you guy's thoughts .

16. norcalAF

norcalAF

My fears of my G31 giving out are gonna keep me up for sure since there is so much concern about the .40 models!
    -end sarcasm

17. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO Gunslinger

I can't imagine why anyone would bother to fire that many rounds through a .40 to begin with. Haven't they heard about the 9mm being equal to everything else?

18. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Just to clear up a minor point, the 40 is not "High Pressure". That's a common misconception perpetrated by self-proclaimed "Experts" like James Yeager.

The Maximum operating pressure of the 40 is the same as the 9mm and 9mm NATO, 9mm Plus+P and 9mm +P+ are even higher and it isn't pressure that puts stress on the gun.

The 40 actually does put somewhat more stress on the gun especially if you never change your recoil spring, but "Beating Up the Gun Pretty Good" is an exaggeration, and so to a large degree, is the difference in recoil. Much of the perceived difference in recoil between the 9mm and the 40, especially in full-sized guns, is incremental and in the case of many people, largely psychological.

19. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I only have about 3k on my G23c gen 4. I did replace the mags, trigger assembly, and recoil spring just to be safe.
    I am going to start running my Gen 3 G23c more now since I just bought it a few weeks ago.
    I love my Glocks in 40. Fun to shoot, accurate, usually inexpensive because everyone is afraid to buy anything in 40.

20. norcalAF

norcalAF

I got my G27 gen 3 for a song because the guy complained of "flip."