Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assuming this question has been answered before, but I'm hoping that something new has come out recently and that's why I'm asking again. I'm heading up turkey hunting in CO soon, and the regs state that ammo has to 38 grains and 110 ft/lbs at 100 yards. I can't find any .22lr ammo that meets this (i think that's the point), but a lot that comes really really close (the velocitor has 104 ft/lbs). Anyhow, anybody know if there is any ammo that works.
Also, I know that turkey's are tough, and the .22lr isn't the best, and blah blah blah. I'll have a 12 ga that i'll do most of my hunting with, but I sure would like to have my 10-22 with me and know if I wanted to take a shot with it, the ole forest ranger wouldn't be too mad.

·
Registered
62 Posts
22 mag would meet those specs. Don't know any 22lr that does.

Sent from my ONE_TOUCH_960C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
... I'm heading up turkey hunting in CO soon, and the regs state that ammo has to 38 grains and 110 ft/lbs at 100 yards. I can't find any .22lr ammo that meets this (i think that's the point)...
Yep, that's the point... they don't want you harvesting turkey with the .22LR.

Marlin, Savage and now Ruger all offer inexpensive bolt actions in .22 WMR

·
10mm Auto
1,766 Posts
The Aguila Interceptor would meet specs I think

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
.22 L.R. Super Maximum CC 1700fps 30gr.
My wife loves them in her Ruger SR-22, they put out less smoke then stingers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I hadn't been able to find one either, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
I think CCI Velocitors would be a good choice for power in .22lr and also quality of manufacturing. CCI Stingers and Mini-Mag would follow up for the same reasons. CCI premium .22lr ammo has been the finest I've shot in both pistol and rifle.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
This is a great question. Other than someone on a forum like this, I doubt that others even research the issue like this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts