Highest Capacity G43 mags

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HuntingFree, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

When I feel the need for more than 7 rounds I just carry a 17. Have you ever heard of any civilian getting in a gun fight and having to even change out the first mag?

buster55 and full_count like this.
  2. happie2shoot

happie2shoot

redneck ron likes this.

3. cc1970

cc1970

It doesn't look like Glock 43 in boiling water.....LOL

happie2shoot likes this.
  4. diamondd2

diamondd2

P365 is the answer you are looking for.

5. happie2shoot

happie2shoot

If you put a g43 in boiling and keep it there until
    you boil the chit out of it, that picture is what you
    get.

cc1970 likes this.
  6. OdinIII

OdinIII

Mine still doesn’t look like that and I’ve boiled and boiled. I’m trying a pressure cooker now and will report back. One good thing is that the grip now is a very ergonomic shape and fits my hand like a glove!

7. ShaneS

ShaneS Millennium Member

I have been pleased with Taran Tactical +1 extensions for my G43s. You get an extra round with only a 1/8" longer magazine base pad. You also get to use the factory spring and follower. I did not have reliability with Magguts +1 in my G43 but they work great in my G42 and S&W Shield.

The G43 is small and easily concealed but a lower capacity handgun. If you think you need more ammo you need to move to a G43x. I feel confident carrying 7 +1 in my G43 and sometimes carrying an extra magazine.

Many self defense situations do not require 7 or 8 rounds to resolve. I want as many rounds as possible, too, but the handgun has to fit my carry preferences or needs or I won't carry it on my person as much as I should.

8. alnicoG22

alnicoG22

I am an OEM type shooter. I bought the gun knowing it was 6+1. I have no problems with it.

peepaw and cc1970 like this.
  9. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

bubbatime and cc1970 like this.
  10. happie2shoot

happie2shoot

your mama

cc1970 and redneck ron like this.
  11. tuica

tuica

G43, 6+1 fine here also. The compromise for a small, thin CCW. I also realize that prior to obtaining such license, I was walking around protected by Zero rounds of No caliber. Extra magazine can be carried, or when I get to my truck, where I have another “Surprise Defensive Treat.”

Backsight and ShaneS like this.
  12. BUG'S

BUG'S

Here's a wild idea; carry an extra mag for the 43.

IAhunter, Backsight and happie2shoot like this.
  13. BuckeyeGlock77

BuckeyeGlock77

Not going to work until you do the instapot. Stop wasting your time - instapot for 365 minutes and be done.

Lloyd Elliott likes this.
  14. gwes351

gwes351

I have tried 3 of the well known G43 mag extension makers (magguts, pearce, vickers), and none worked reliably for me with SD JHP ammo (mostly with federal 147gr HST which is a long round with wide JHP mouth). Am in process of re-testing these extensions with GD 124gr, or XTP which seem to be ok so far (both are shorter OAL and slightly different shapes). My point is to test thoroughly any aftermarket extension - especially your (expensive) carry ammo. IF you read enough of prior posts on G43 extensions, you will find that YMMV, but my situation is not unique and is likely my particular G43.

yep380 and Lloyd Elliott like this.
  15. BBMW

BBMW

Did you try changing the spring also? What may be considered the best G43 extensions, the Taran Tactical, either come with or offer, new mag springs. That may be your issue. But they are more expensive than the plastic base plates you tried.

16. gwes351

gwes351

BBMW - yes, I forgot to add that I have tried + springs (OEM glock, glock store, magguts, and the + vickers as well) and did not get consistent results, so last spring I stopped for the summer. Over this winter I will evaluate them again, but with different ammo (my G43 seems to be sensitive to feeding 147gr HST specifically). And I've seen the thread regarding modifying the extractor for sensitive G43s - which I haven't tried yet (but may as I have spare extractor to play with). So I chalk it up to having one of those fairly rare G43s sensitive to feeding certain ammo - and I had all FTF issues, no issues extracting. Thanks

17. BBMW

BBMW

You could always just sell off the 43 and get a P365 or a Hellcat. More rounds, less experimentation.

If you do want to keep experimenting with the 43, you could buy an ETS 7 round magazine. It is designed from scratch for the capacity, but I've heard mixed reviews.

18. gwes351

gwes351

BBMW - we think alike, as I did get a P365 late last november and its been flawless through 1100 rounds of all types. That is now my primary carry gun, which is why I haven't yet fully sorted out the G43. But I will play with the G43 further as I want to see if I can get it reliable with any extended mag (works fine with OEM 6 rd mags). MY son has a shield which I evaluated against the P365 before I bought it. For me, the P365 was hands down winner. Even before the G43 I bought a PPS M2 which I never warmed up to - it sits in the safe and will be cold this winter. regards,
    gwes351

19. camelsfly

camelsfly Previously Lloyd Elliott

LOL, you must be really good...

20. camelsfly

camelsfly Previously Lloyd Elliott

I think the 124 GD will work. They feed well in every gun for me. I honestly do not remember have a ftf or fte in any handgun with 124 GD. That is not to say that I have experienced issues with 147 HST. I have not. They have fed well in all of my handguns to date. I have not however tried them with mag extensions. The G19/4 love them and after a couple more times with the P365 i may carry them in it as well. Both are excellent carry ammo.