close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

High or Low?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Denney, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Denney

Denney

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck iwb to conceal a Glock 26. I have adjusted for a forward cant and carry just behind my right hip (4:00 - 5:00?), as that is where it feels most comfortable and hides the best. How much of the 26 should be above or below the waistband? Is it favorable to adjust the CB Supertuck to be at the highest position with a forward cant or lowest position with a forward can't? I am sure it also comes down to personal preference but some insight would be appreciated.

2. rygleason

rygleason

I carry at 4pm with the CBST front belt clip at the lowest setting (top hole on the leather) and the rear clip at the second to lowest setting (2nd to top hole on the leather) to give it some forward cant. This setting keeps my G26 right at my jeans waistband level with a slight forward cant. Very comfortable and concealable.

3. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

I think it really depends on your build, body type, and the clothes you wear. Not everyone is the same. For women who wear shorter shirts when untucked they cut off and stop a few inches below their waist, they want the holster as high as possible.

4. kda

kda NRA Life Member

I carry a G26 in a CBST also.

Front screw 2nd from the bottom. Back screw 3rd from the bottom. That puts the Kydex at just about 1/4 inch above the waist band of the jeans I wear and allows me to sit and drive without any discomfort at all.

5. Ticman

Ticman

To me the biggest thing is which way is it easier to draw from? Be sure no matter which way you choose it's easy to draw.

For me I started low and went up until I could get a good grip every time. I carry at 3:00 and have it canted forward. Makes a very easy elbow up, elbow down draw stroke for me. Plus the forward cant makes it conceal better as well.

6. cmac212

cmac212 Praise Jesus!

First off, congrats on your choice of holster! I have one and love it. I wear it around 4-430ish w/ my G27. The kydex sits right under my pants line...I think I have it set at the top hole in the back, and the second hole from the top on the front (forward cant). But like already mentioned, it's what works best for your build, wardrobe, etc., and the most effecient position to draw from. Just play around with it, you'll figure it out! BTW, welcome to GT :cool: