Glock Talk banner

High Gaps For The Glock 38 Gap ?

731 23
do they sell high caps for the glock 38 ? if so were can i get some or just the reg 8 rounders not just from cdnn ??
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,047 Posts
I think Glock could have designed the G39 magazine to hold one or two more rounds. If you have a G39 mag, pop the floorplate off and look at the inside. It has the same "limiting" ridges as the 10 round clinton ban mags used to have during the ban. Actually they still do, if you are still limited to 10 rounders.

· Registered
4,047 Posts
Originally posted by gary newport
I hadn't noticed--but the question is: are the ridges there to LIMIT capacity or for feeding reliability? (I don't know why Glock would seek to limit a G39 mag to six rounds.)
I thought about that also. But how would those ridges increase reliability? There is no other Glock magazine that requires them. Not even the larger GAP mags. As far as the limitation, I simply don't know. It's almost as if they didn't want to make themselves look like jackasses when they found out the G39 mags actually held 7 instead of 6. I don't know if you noticed, but my G38 mags will actually load and hold 9 rounds easily. It just won't feed that 9th round without forcing it. So you can't effectively use it as a 9+1. Perhaps the G39 is actually(successfully) a 7+1 gun, but Glock didn't want to affect ones sales over the other by the G38 and G39 being so close in capacity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.