Glock Talk banner
61 - 80 of 267 Posts
Thanks for the review, I really will not be able to afford any of these pistols any time soon, but I live looking at your pictures.

made the thread a sticky..if it gets out of hand we can close it..thanks for thr research..
:cool:

Great read! I'm not really into the "target/bulls-eye" type handguns, I prefer "combat" handguns but it was still very interesting and I always enjoy hearing your input on a certain or guns. Thanks for taking the time to write it all out! :cool:

Great job on the review, Brian. I always appreciate your perspective on these types of firearms (and 1911's of course).

So far I only have a few of the guns that you reviewed, but the collection keeps growing. After my upcoming wedding, I'll be back to collecting with a purpose instead of just being a victim of opportunity. Hahahaha..... :supergrin:

Very cool Brian :thumbsup:, thanks for putting this together my friend. I'm going to buy you a ransom rest for Christmas.

Discussion starter · #70 ·
As promised, here are a couple of my best 1911s to add to the mix for comparison.

Infinity custom

Frame: Steel
Slide: Steel
Unloaded weight: 39.0oz
Price: $3700
Action: SAO

Accuracy: 10
Trigger: 10
Ergonomics: 10
Grips: 9
Sights: 10
Controls: 10
Finish: 9
Build quality: 10

Overall rating: 9.8

This comparison is almost unfair, as the Infinity is a one off custom build being compared to a bunch of production pistols. The Schumann AET barrel is about the best handgun barrel you can buy anywhere. Between this and the incredible tight bull barrel lockup, the Infinity just flat out shoots. The trigger is the patented Tri-glide system at about 1.5 lbs. Its the best trigger on any handgun I own. The Infinicoat finish is impressive and its extremely well built by some very skilled hands.

RRA Limited Match

Frame: Steel
Slide: Steel
Unloaded weight: 41.4oz
Price: $2400
Action: SAO

Accuracy: 10
Trigger: 9
Ergonomics: 10
Grips: 9
Sights: 10
Controls: 10
Finish: 9
Build quality: 10

Overall rating: 9.6

I've given this 1911 many accolades throughout the years I've owned it. I love everything about the Limited Match and the price includes the Black T finish. Unfortunately, RRA has stopped building 1911s, but they can be found once in a while on the used market. This model comes standard with a 1.5" accuracy guarantee at 50 yards and every feature you could want in a 1911. The Kart barrel also performs very well.

That comparative review was awesome! You're always so knowledgeable and helpful on the subject of 1911s, and it's great that you took the time to do such a concise write-up covering multiple platforms.

I'm a little disconcerted with the lack of carpeting variety, however.:tongueout:

That gold barrel be gangsta, dawg!!:cool:

Thanks again! Keep up the good posting, BAC.

61 - 80 of 267 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.