Hiding a gun when needed

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Buriedbreathing, Feb 22, 2010.

1. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

I grew up in chicago... Thats one of the reasons I moved brother... Who has the guns in Chicago... COP/CROOKS.

I decided to no longer leave my safety in the hands of people who cannot arrive sooner than a pizza.

Now I'm the one with the Glock 17 and 3 magazines of "oh no you don't"

Dude its crazy the other day even here in FL some guy honked at a green light and the other car opened fire striking him in the chin... now he lived and was ok... but he did NOT have a pistol and he's lucky they didn't decide to get closer and finish what they started. I would like to think I would have probably all bloody faced opened fire... or I might have been so pissed as to persue and destroy... which is only legal under certain circumstances here in FL... but its also legal in FL to shoot an armed criminal in the back if in fear for your life.

The basis for the shooting a fleeing criminal law is...

At any point during the armed suspects retreat he can turn and instantly become a threat again. His retreat is not a guarantee your still ok.

2. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

Hm. I'm in FL and I'm not certain about any of that...

3. beefcakeb0

beefcakeb0

+1 , I'd like to see a citation for that.

I have stashed a pistol under my motorcycle to enter the courthouse, left the mag at the metal detectors. Just to pay a fine and it was pretty well hidden. Just once.

4. Combatcomm

Combatcomm

Having worked on a base every work day for the last 29 years I would take my chance with hiding it in the vehicle before I would had hide it any ware in public. I have had my vehicle searched maybe 7 times in 29 years and not very good searched at that, they just took the dog through it for drugs.
    I travel to Ohio one a year were my CCW is not valid so I keep a lock box cabled in the back to stow my weapon when I cross the border and they have searched my truck once since I had it and they did not ask me to unlock it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  5. Ryan-17

Ryan-17

Yea i agree to op is just "Stiring the pot" messin with us

6. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

I hid it in the tank of a toilet of a restaurant.

7. happy seal

happy seal

I call shenaigans on the OP! Who would open a thread like this and disappear w/out responding. He's just sitting back reading all the responses w/ a childish grin on his face!
    just my .02 I'de be surprised if a lot of you GT'ers didn't feel the same way.
    :wow: