GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had to attend a meeting on a government base. I forgot that I had my pistol with me, remembered last minute, so I had to hide it. I found a good place in town and stashed it away. The plan worked. It was there when I returned an hour later.

Has anybody else had to do this?

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
jesus christ no?

did you stick it under a bridge or something ?

·
↓ hog hunter ↓
9,402 Posts
I used to do deliveries to the federal courthouse in Denver. After OKC, they would go over your vehicle with a fine tooth comb, inside, outside, under the hood and under the chassis.

I had two stashes and would seperate the upper from the lower in two different locations.

·
GLOCK 26
628 Posts
No. And I would never even consider doing so.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Where did you stash it?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I may or may not have been in the security line at Atlanta's airport, realized my pocketknife was in my pocket....crap!

I wasn't about to track down the USPS office and pay $30. to ship it home...I thought and though....checked out the pay phones, nah....finally went outside and lit a cig by some bushes where the cars go by....and OOPS, it fell out of my hand and landed in the pine straw (after I accidentally kicked it too).

got back from Monterrey, Mexico 5 days later and very anxiously went to that bush (3rd from a sign....don't forget!!) and it was there.

I'm glad TSA is there....we're all so much safer not having a knife with us on the plane. You could sit on it and hurt yourself.

·
Freelancer
9,789 Posts
Today I had to attend a meeting on a government base. I forgot that I had my pistol with me, remembered last minute, so I had to hide it. I found a good place in town and stashed it away. The plan worked. It was there when I returned an hour later.

Has anybody else had to do this?
That sounds like a very bad idea.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Kinda curious, what kind of location did you hide it in?

Why not politely ask if you can leave it at the front desk because you forgot you had it with you?

Not tryin to say it in a mean way just a suggestion because well things happen like this and if it works it works

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I like to hide mine in the milk crates behind the coffee shop before important business dealings inside...

What's the color of the boathouse at Hereford?

·
Mr. Awesome
10,571 Posts
You should have keistered it.

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
You wouldn't believe this $#!*, but it's true:

I know a guy who was flying out of town for a couple of days, and at the last second before going through the checkpoint, realized he had his pistol on him. He actually walked outside and hid it under a parking block, there was a small space underneath.

He got back a couple of days later and it was still there.

8,219 Posts
Why didn't you take it to a gunshop and have the owner watch it for a few hours?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
i know a guy who accidentally carried a gun concealed on a military base and got his car put in a random search. he had it on him and they searched the car but never patted him down. he said he was sweating bullets.

i also worked as a MP at the gate for a long time and currently know several of the civilian police and gate guards on post and you would be surprised how common it is for people to brag about breaking that law.

·
Freelancer
9,789 Posts
I work for a shipping company that's on airport turf, so we have airport security standards to follow every time we enter and exit the building. The last year or so I've only been scheduled a few times a week, but I take the occasional on-call shift. Every time I get the call to hurry in and help out, I've either got my Glock or a few knives on me (Kershaw as a knife-knife, Leatherman for general nonsense).

Last time I got called in, I forgot, they didn't notice, and everyone involved remained cheerfully oblivious to the knives in my pockets. One of the downsides to not working overnights routinely any more is that I tend to be a little scatter-brained when I do get called in for work. When I reached into my pocket for something mid-shift and realized I still had knives on me, I got a little worried about getting past security on my way out. Took a chance, explained to them what happened, and they just waved me through.

Overall, the whole thing wasn't a big confidence booster in their ability to keep weapons out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
you could have unloaded it and put it in the trunk. tell them its there and you won't have a problem.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts