close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hidden Tailor belt to keep shirt tucked?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Drjones, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Drjones

Drjones

I've seen these things in US Cavalry for years: http://www.shopwiki.com/l/Hidden-Tailor-Belt

Does anyone use one, or anything like it? Has anyone tried one?

How well do they work, if at all?

I really have issues with my polo shirts not staying tucked into my jeans every day & it's driving me completely nuts....

Thanks!

2. mymini40

mymini40

I use it at work and keeps my shirt tucked in all day. Go get one and try it.

3. ray9898

ray9898

Yup....I use one and it keeps my pants up and shirt tucked in even with a duty belt.

4. sappy13

sappy13

hmm. im gona look at getting one of those. my shirts are bad about not staying in place. i need a large shirt in shoulders and length, but a medium in width. just about any large shirt is billowy in width.

5. Drjones

Drjones

Honestly, there are lots of sources for custom shirts that won't cost ya more than a decent off-the-shelf shirt....I'd look there.

I always feel odd in shirts that are as you describe - sounds like you & I have a similar build.

6. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

I prefer the military style shirt tuckers that clip to your shirt tail and then loop on your feet.

The hidden tailor works well until you bend over enough to pull your shirt out a little. Once your shirt tail comes out it wont go back in on its own.

With the shirt tuckers everytime you stand up it cinches your shirt back down tight. They do take a little getting used to though, they feel funny when you first start wearing them.

7. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

I probably need to try one of these. As someone with a waist smaller than my chest, I have a terrible time with the extra room at the bottom of shirts causing the "climb and flop out over the belt" problem.

Perhaps a better solution for me would be ordering shirts tailored for someone of my physique.

8. razageorge

razageorge

The black elastic strap with alligator like clips on the ends worked great when I needed them some years back. Clip on the top of your sock and the bottom of your shirt.

If you ever wondered how Military recruiters always had a tucked in shirt appearance.

9. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

:rofl::rofl:

Not sure if serious. Sort of like reverse suspenders. Honestly - does that invention really exist???

10. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

They work pretty good. Depending on your body type/fat on your body you have to be careful where you link it, using the round metal lock/belt buckle thing to lock the belt, it can dig into you and be uncomfortable. Also, depending on how low you position it. Buy it try it move around with it. I liked it.

:50cal:

11. Whiskey Six

Whiskey Six Marine 0369 Platinum Member

:rofl:
    I was a Marine Corps Recruiter for 6 years. Man, I hated those things. Looked good though.:supergrin:

12. Whiskey Six

Whiskey Six Marine 0369 Platinum Member

[​IMG]

Wore them every day. I wrapped mine around my leg so they didn't stick out like that.

13. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Quite serious, they are very popular for military/public safety employees.

14. JBG30

JBG30

Never knew those shirt to sock clamps existed. Most of my higher end golf slacks and shorts have a bead of silicone around the inside of the waistband and do a good job of holding the shirt tucked in.

15. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Oh yeah. I used to have some pants like that.

If I cared enough, the reverse suspenders would be cool - after you stretch, the shirt moves back to where it belongs. Wouldn't work with a polo shirt as the shirt itself stretches.

Maybe if I had a very important presentation that was very long, I'd consider getting a set. I can't see that happening. But it's interesting. Never knew that existed.