·
Registered
9,978 Posts
Will there ever be a gen 5 G29?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
JABRONI AUTIST
7,611 Posts
I've had some G29's, personally I much prefer the G20/40 over the G29. Now I really like the concept of the G29 and I may end up with another, but the G29 (and G30) have never been my cup of tea.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I watched it over breakfast the other day.
I love my 29, I really do. it just feels so nice in the hand, a perfect size between the compact and subs, and that extra thickness. it just feels great. but god it is a freaking hammer with any 10MM worth shooting.

It is a really handy gun, so versatile, but I do prefer shooting my 20 more.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I have five "Ten's" and agree with the video I have a order of merit for me
1 EAA Witness Elite. heavy hammer fired single action gun, a pleasure, except to carry.
2 XDM10 5.25, great balance, less circumference than a Glock's grip, better factory sights, good shooting, easier to carry than the EAA.
3 XDM10 4.5, good sights, just less to like than the 5.25, but still very good.
4 the G-20 (Gen 4) I like it fine the XDM's beat it in grip thickness and stock sights (naturally they can easily be replaced for more money) I do like the 20.
5 last and size wise least, the G-29. My first Ten and a keeper just like Hickock 45, I like mine, got it about the same time he did. Bought it to be a 'concealed carry' gun, but that did not work out for me. I do carry it crossdraw on the belt a bit, not enough to justify if I were buying, but I already bought it and will keep it, he covered most of the reasons.

I said I have five but four days ago my wife gathered them all and went into dryfiring and otherwise handling them all, as a result I lost the XDM10 5.25. Oh Well

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
One other little tidbit, I do have a couple of X-Grip sleeves gor G20 magazines that then make a full grip on the G-29. They really improve the 29 for me and therefore make that a better choice at times.

Reactions: MinervaDoe

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I've had some G29's, personally I much prefer the G20/40 over the G29. Now I really like the concept of the G29 and I may end up with another, but the G29 (and G30) have never been my cup of tea.
For a long time I thought I wanted a 29. Then I got some range time shooting the 29, 20, and 40. Good comparison. I liked the 29 less than I expected to. Kind of a weird Bermuda triangle of size. A little thick to conceal, and not nearly as shootable as its bigger brothers. And it gives up a some velocity.

The 40 was nice to shoot, and of course pickups in velocity. That being said, the 20 feels better balanced. A great size for a multi-purpose range/trail/truck consule, and even some shooting games. Probably why it is my favorite handgun.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I agree 110%! I love my G20SF, I've had it for several years. I was going to break down and buy the G29, but after shooting it I changed my mind. I love my .45 acps, my .357s, my .44 mags and my 10 mm, but the feel of that G29 just didn't feel right. Not just the hard recoil, but the way it felt in my hand as it recoiled. I have a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan with a 2.5" barrel and it seems easier to shoot than the G29, but then again, it does weigh about 100 lbs more. Lol

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Hickok45 is right on many points.(as usual!)
That said, I'll stick with my 29. It's been my EDC pistol since mid 1999, I think mine was the 3rd one sold in the northern half of IL. Yeah, I've had it a while, and carried it even before CCW was legal in IL. The reason it's called "concealed carry" is that nobody's supposed to know you have it.
That said, my 1st Glock was a very early G20, and I like the 10MM for a lot of reasons, but wanted the compact, so I got one ASAP; working in a gunshop at the time, it was easy to come by :)
My hands are small for my body size, and the G29 fits them well. Being 5'9" and about 240, I look a lot like the Michelien Man anyhow, so concealment in a Galco holster only requires a loose, dark colored "T" shirt, I prefer black ones, they make me look slimmer....
(the 10MM herd totals 10, including a carbine & 2 wheel-guns)

uncle albert

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
One other thing I must add, when I got my 29, I could still get Norma ammo. Yes, a 29 with 200 gr. Norma IS a handful ! In a good way.

Reactions: rangerjd

·
Registered
467 Posts
I originally bought my G20SF as a bear gun, so I bought a 6" Lone Wolf barrel for it and put several boxes of Buffalo Bore 220 grain hardcast bullets through it. Yeah, I know, kind of expensive, but if your life depends on it, it's worth it. It runs perfect and shoots very good. Once you get use to them, quick follow up shots are not a problem.

Reactions: 4949shooter

·
Registered
19,636 Posts
I think mine was the 3rd one sold in the northern half of IL.
Sort of reminds me of the scene in Friends where Joey is describing how tough his grandmother is, saying something like "She was like the third old lady to spit on Mussolini's body."

It took me a number of years to get the hang of my Glock 29 (and I do not shoot full power 10mm loads out of it). I tried everything I could come up with (Pierce grip extensions, X Grip adapter) but in the end, learning to relax while shooting a hand cannon seemed to do the trick.
http://chronosscifi.com/healingHeeling.html
Then:

Now:

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
"Trust the FORCE Luke".....

Darth Vader packs a 10MM !

Reactions: rangerjd
1 - 16 of 16 Posts