Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've probably gone 6 months without getting them and before that it was rarely for only for a few minutes at a time. Tonight, I got them for about an hour and a half from about 7-8:30 and now they returned about 15 minutes ago (an hour and a half after they last stopped) and are still going strong. They're really annoying and I've tried all the usual remedies to get rid of them. I'm not sure what caused them, but tonight while watching the Super Bowl, I tried a new beer, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. The first go round started after one and a half bottles. Now I've downed 3.5 bottles and 3 shots of some Cpt. Morgans. The beer is the only thing I can correlate it with but I know correlation doesn't equal causation. For the record, the beer was pretty good - a bit of a spicy hops flavor with an amber coloring and about 2 fingers of head.

AAAHHH!!! this is annoying. Anyone have any advice on how to get these hiccups to go away?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You're about to get all sorts of crazy "cures"

I'm betting on drinking upsidedown, something involving peanut butter or sugar... Hmm, maybe climbing stairs on your hands.

But the truth is your diaphragm is spasming. You need to calm it down. Hold your breath for a while, take a quick exchange and keep doing it, preventing your diaphragm from being able to spasm....

·
Registered
47 Posts
hold liquid in your mouth...plug your nose with pushing pinkies together to close nose air passage, close ears with thumbs...swallow water....works for me every time...learned in Jr. High from a teacher.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
ha.

Its like taking "holding your breath" to a whole new level of unnecessary.

"But rolling around on the ground while screaming the pledge of allegiance to the tune of dixieland while smearing honey on my ankles always gets the mosquitoes off me!!!11

;)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hold liquid in your mouth...plug your nose with pushing pinkies together to close nose air passage, close ears with thumbs...swallow water....works for me every time...learned in Jr. High from a teacher.
Hey thanks! it seems like its worked. I've gone several minutes now without a single hiccup. I hope it continues to work.

Edit: I don't know if this was the cause of the absence, but I'm more than willing to give you credit since they've left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts