close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hi-Viz front sight on Glock Model 35 (G35)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by shooterx10, Aug 11, 2003.

1. shooterx10

shooterx10

How do you install the Hi-viz front sight onto the Glock 35? The hole on the bottom of the slide, what while you look through it, you'll see the screw of the Hi-viz sight. However, I don't have socket wrench set that small.

On the package, it stated that the Hi-viz can not be used with the Glock 24. Why is that? Is it because of the compensated barrel?

2. Joe D

Joe D Guest

Use a 3/16" nutdriver with a small head.

3. Quack

Quack Rent this space

can't use on a G24 because the area the sight sits is only 7/16", while the G34 is 5/8"

4. VN350X10

VN350X10

The Hi-Viz is also too long for the slide of a G34. Try the front from Dawson Precision. It's also avaliable in 2 different widths. .120" & .100".

uncle albert

5. Guest

I had to go to Sears Hardware to find a small enough nut diver. Under 5.00, IIRC. www.lonewolfdist.com sells a Glock combo tool that has the nut driver. About 20.00, I believe.

6. Gonad

Gonad Millennium Member

I went to Menards and bought a Stanley 3/16" nut driver with a straight side wall and then took it to the bench grinder till it fit into the hole on the G35 slide. Just go slow and test often to see if it will fit.

I couldn't justify paying $20.00+ for a tool that I will most likely use only once.

The HiViz sight will fit on a G34. I know I shoot with a couple of guys who have installed them on the 34. No problems at all. I think the 34 and 35 have almost the same exact slides.

I really like the HiViz on my G35.
    Good luck.

7. VN350X10

VN350X10

Yes, the Hi-Viz fits on the 34 & 35, but doesn't it hang over slightly into the cut out section of the slide? The Dawson sight is just a slight bit shorter from mount pin to end.

uncle albert

8. Shootinbil

Shootinbil Millennium Member

I have a HIVIZ front sight on my Glock 34 for over 2 years with no problem. Buy the glock tool it's make life easygoing.