Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hi primers in factory 9mm

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Big Sam, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam

Yesterday I was testing different brands of factory 9mm ammo. One of them was the Double Tap 9mm 124gr +p. After about a half dozen rounds in my Glock 17 the gun stopped running. The slide was just barely out of battery and, it did not fire. With inspection it turned out the primer was .010 to .020 higher than the case. Looked like the primer was smashed a bit as though the primer hole were too small (only a guess as I did not take the round apart). I am so thankful the darned thing did not slam fire and kaboom my gun & hand.

With about 30 rounds left in the box of ammo, I went looking to see if there were any more high primers. Yes... there was one more with an equally high primer. One thing is for sure. Double Tap's quality control sucks! 2 potential slam fires in one box is horrible. I sent an email about this to Double Tap last night. No word back yet.

This is the first box of their 124 gr load that I ever fired. I have shot hundreds and carry their 147gr +P 9mm and it has always been a great load. I use their 230gr Gold Dot's in my G30. Except for the primers, I was very impressed with the 124gr load too.

Humble suggestion... If you shoot Double Taps (especially the 124gr +P 9mm load), check your primers.