Hi-Power Trigger Pin Walking

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Baron-von-Glock, Feb 16, 2010.

1. My trigger pin is walking out on my FN Hi-Power. The general advice in the archived threads is to peen the pin on both ends slightly with a ***** punch, which I have.

Before I do this, would someone please explain why you wouldn't just hit the pin directly (on side) at both ends? I want to make sure I understand before I ruin a perfectly good pin! Thanks.

2. AZ Jeff

AZ Jeff

The trigger pin on an HP35 is NOT held in by friction, and peening the ends of the pin is NOT required.

The trigger spring is supposed to retain the pin in the frame of the pistol, with a groove in the pin engaging the spring wire. I suspect the groove is either (1) not deep enough or (2) not installed so that the wire engages the groove.

3. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Amerikaner

actually peen around the pin hole inside the frame, not the pin itself. The trigger spring holds the trigger lever in place, not the trigger pin.

There is no groove in the trigger pin....I sit corrrected, I checked my trigger pins..there is a very small groove

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  4. The pin was actually put in backwards. Now that the grove is properly engaged, the problem is fixed. Thanks.

5. Ruggles

Ruggles

I assume it is a used gun, if so the previous owner might have pulled the pin out in a successful or unsuccessful attempt to remove the magazine safety. Guess he might have put it in backwards afterward. Just a guess, my BHP mechanical skills are not up to snuff yet. :)

6. The magazine disconnect has been successfully removed, so you may be right. All is well now though.