Glock Talk banner

Hi, from San Diego

523 Views 17 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Sigobsessed
I guess it's time to come out of Lurker status and contribute something. Even if the subject (Glock)is relatively new to me.

Not that I was unaware of them, but I had a mis-conception of what it was like to actually use one.

I started shooting in 1946 and never completely stopped. Mostly target, but also hunting as far away as the Kenai Peninsula in Ak.

Recently my son-in-law gave me an awesome birthday present. He contacted a Glock dealer here and set up a purchase for me. Any Glock of my choice, including all fees paid.

Not too long before, I had the good fortune to participate in an exercise at Fort Bragg, NC. It included range-firing several Special Forces weapons. I had never held a Glock in my hands before, and I fell in love with the Glock 19 on the spot.

My mis-conception was that firing a hammerless pistol like a Glock would be similar to firing a double-action revolver or automatic from a hammer-down position. Long travel and high-effort. Obviously I was wrong, and the groups I shot with it backed that up.

Thus, the 19 was on my "want" list until my son-in-law solved it.

He knew that I had many years of firing .357 and .44 magnums, so he suggested that I consider the more powerful .40 rather than the 9mm. He is well qualified to that, due to many years in SF.

I finally chose the Model 27. I hated to give up the rail for the exotic sights, but concealability was more important to me. Magazine extensions give a full-size grip when wanted, and it is still accurate without extensions.

I was surprised when I took it to the range and it shot as well as the 19 did for me. Happy is an understatement.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· U S Veteran
2,472 Posts
:welcome: from Columbus, Ga. :dancingbanana: I have a 27. too.

· Registered
45,276 Posts
Welcome to GT.

· Registered
3,930 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.