close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'California Glockers' started by Juliet Lima, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Juliet Lima

Juliet Lima Hawaiian Guy

I'm new to the forum and new to the gun world. I just bought my first handgun (G19) and will get it on the 11th of April. I plan on frequenting the range as much as possible. I live in Fremont (east bay). Any tips on good shooting ranges, places to buy ammo, etc would be greatly appreciated. I bought the gun from Irvington Arms in Fremont and plan on shooting at Target Masters in Milpitas...unless someone has a better idea.

Let me just introduce myself. My name is Jeff L. My screen name is the phonetic pronunciation of my initials. I spent 8 years in the military, including 1 tour to the middle east. I was in the Air Force, so don't think I did anything super macho or heroic. The Marines and Army dudes are the real heroes. Anyway, my family and I moved to Fremont to take a job. Were not from here, but knew we couldn't pass up on this oppurtunity. Now that we're here I wanted to get into something and choose shooting as a hobby.

I hope you guys don't mind me hanging around your forums. I need all the information I can get, and plan on learning all that I can from you guys.

JL

2. camoram

camoram

Welcome Jeff :wavey: IIFC there are a few guy's from the Bay Area on this board. They will chime in soon. welcome aboard,

Nate

3. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

glad to have you with us here. :wavey:

4. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Welcome to GT overall and to the "everyone hates us" club in particular! ;) (Many folks like to tell us how much California sucks! - Hey we know the problems California has more than even they do, but we also know the stuff about what makes California great also!)

Hopefully you will find GT to be a fun and helpful community as myself and so many others have found it to be!

5. JTB

JTB always learning

6. locutus

locutus 3/319th AFAR

Welcome!
    And congrats on your G19:thumbsup:

7. kevbo

kevbo Itchy Member CLM

Welcome!

now that you have your Glock, might be time to have another Bay Area shoot. now that the weather is better, i vote for all of us to get together at Los Altos, but am open for anywhere in the area.

Options: i can check with Los altos and/or Jackson Arms about reserving space. Proguncali, can you check with Reed's?

anyone volunteer to check San Leandro, Chabot etc?

I am good any weekend for the next several weeks. ANY TAKERS?:banana: :banana: :banana:

8. JTB

JTB always learning

How about Milpitas?

9. gary newport

gary newport

I like the San Leandro Rifle and Pistol Range, which has both indoor and outdoor ranges and charges by the day (not by the hour, as many indoor-only ranges do). Website: http://slrange.tripod.com/

Check another thread on this forum for more possibilities: http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=681230

Note especially the Saturday Night Steel Shoot at the San Leandro range and the Monday Night Shooting League at Reed's Indoor Range for a little compoetitive shooting!

10. gary newport

gary newport

San Leandro (San Leandro Rifle and Pistol Range) doesn't reserve spots as far as I know. BUT you all could come to San Leandro for the Saturday Night Steel Shoot (between 5:00 and 10:00 PM) with no reservations required on any Saturday! Bring holsters and plenty of ammo. If you want more info, just ask.